SANTANDER GLOBAL TECH (SGT) is looking for an FIRST RESPONDER SYSTEMS TECHNICIAN, based in BOADILLA DEL MONTE.
Would you like to be part of one of the largest transformations the World is experiencing in the past several decades? In Financial Services, consumer expectations are rising, and technological advances are enabling amazing customer experiences and new businesses not possible before. The emergence of disruptive platforms as a business model has reshaped other industries and is poised to do the same in financial services.
At Santander (www.santander.com) we embrace this change. Santander Global Technology (SGT) is the team of technology and operations at Santander. We are convinced of the importance of technology that is aligned with the requirements of the business and that out work not only brings value to users, people and communities but also fosters individual creativity. Our team of over 2,000 people in 7 countries (Spain, Portugal, UK, USA, Mexico, Chile and Brazil) develops and/or implements financial solutions across a broad spectrum of technologies (including Blockchain, Big Data and Angular among others) on all kinds of on-premise and cloud-based platforms.
Santander is proud of being an organization where there are equal opportunities regardless of gender identity, culture and disability. Our mission is to contribute to help more people and business prosper. You can click here Why Santander to watch a short clip and learn why banking is still exciting.
As a First Responder Systems Technician, you will help to build out, maintain, and troubleshoot our rapidly expanding Hybrid Cloud Infrastructure. You will be part of a talented team that demonstrate superb technical competency, delivering mission critical infrastructure and ensuring the highest levels of availability, performance and security.
- Manage and monitor all installed systems and infrastructure.
- Install, configure, test and maintain operating systems, application software and system management tools.
- Proactively ensure the highest levels of systems and infrastructure availability.
- Monitor and test application performance for potential bottlenecks, identify possible solutions, and work with SRE/SMEs to implement those fixes.
- Maintain security, backup, and redundancy strategies.
- Write and maintain custom scripts to increase system efficiency and lower the human intervention time on any tasks.
- Participate in the design of information and operational support systems.
- Provide 2nd and 3rd level support.
- Liaise with vendors and other IT personnel for problem resolution.
- 5+ years in installing, configuring and troubleshooting UNIX/Linux based environments.
- Solid Private Cloud Experience, preferably in OpenStack.
- Working with:
- Virtualization and containerization (VMware, KVM, RHEV, Docher, etc.).
- SDS (Software Define Storage) products: Ceph/VMWare, VSAN.
- Monitoring systems (CA Tools, Nagios, Icinga).
- Automation software (Ansible, VMware VRA/VRO, puppet).
- Public Cloud, preferably in AWS, MS Azure, IBM Bluemix.
- RH Satellite, VMware Cloud Products (VRA, VCF) and VMware Operations Products (VROps, VRNI, VRLI).
- Bachelor’s Degree.
- Solid scripting skills (Shell scripts, Python, Perl, Ruby.).
- Networking (OSI network layers, TCP/IP).
- Language Skills – High level of English and Spanish.
Welcome to#TheSantanderEffect. Here, with only a small action or a simple idea, you can do great things. We offer you the advantages and the means to contribute to the progress of more than 140 million people around the world. These are the key factors that multiply the actions of all our employees.
- Meaningful Impact - Where the effect of your work makes a difference and helps people to prosper
- Personal and Professional Growth - The chance to develop through world-class training, challenging work, and different roles
- Respect - Be part of an organization that cares – about its people, its wider community, and the environment
- Co-worker quality - Work with inspiring professionals who are leaders in their field
- Global stability - Work for a solid global organization that has successfully reinvented itself many times in its 160- year history.
If you want to know more about us, follow us on https://es.linkedin.com/company/banco-santander