The Content Strategist will join the Santander Brand team reporting to the Content and Social Team Lead. The person in this role will be responsible for leading the day-to-day management of Santander’s content marketing efforts to industry best practices and to engage prospects and customers at the highest standard. He/She will also lead content development efforts promoting a cross-channel execution approach with support from internal and external agency partners. The role is highly creative, strategic, and expects a high level of performance and turn-around as it contributes to a high visibility program to senior leadership.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Own day-to-day content marketing program and site management, content development and review, and execution in partnership with key internal and external partners.
- Build and manage integrated editorial content calendars for the Santander brand that address key business objectives, marketing campaigns, and ecosystem channel efforts in partnership with other Social and Content team members.
- Lead project management efforts across team for content programming and outputs leveraging internal processes and approval governance, procedures, and workflow systems.
- Own day-to-day relationship with external and internal agency partners for content brainstorming and development across mediums (long-form, digital, email, social, mobile, etc.).
- Develop relevant, original, high-quality content to engage key audience segments to deliver on the brand’s content mission aligned to strategic business growth and deepening customer relationships with a lens on opportunities to bring personalization to experience and tactics.
- Ensure content developed across editorial channels within the team and by other contributors aligns with the established creative direction and supports the Brand vision and goals (be a steward of our brand).
- Regularly collaborate with other key teams (Segment and Engagement Marketing, 1:1 Marketing, Line of Business, etc.) to manage messaging needs and coordinate actions.
- Stay current on content marketing best practices and insights and educate learnings to internal teams to guide content planning and creative development.
- Collaborate with analytics teams to identify trends and themes, implement a test and learn approach, optimize content strategy, and make recommendations.
- Ensure content performance and learnings are used to inform future campaign/concept designs.
- Partner with the Social Content Creator on social media content execution and programming relevant to key content initiatives of specific business lines.
- Support the team leads on strategic evolution of Content Marketing to build the brand and engage prospects and customers.
- Maintain an external lens – build knowledge of industry trends and key competitors’ content activities.
- Assist with process and procedure documentation and optimization as necessary to improve content programming and execution to industry standard.
At Santander, we value and respect differences in our workforce and strive to increase the diversity of our teams. We actively encourage everyone to apply.
- Bachelor's Degree in Marketing, Business, Communications, Design or equivalent field.
- 9-12 years of marketing including 4-5 experience or agency experience with emphasis in content marketing strategy, content creation and execution.
- Financial Services industry experience a plus, but not required.
- Self-starter who can manage projects independently with a hands-on approach, a good sense of prioritization and the ability to work under pressure in a fast-paced environment.
- Expandable capacity / excellent project and time management skills.
- Creative thinker, team player, and positive influencer.
- Deep understanding of and experience with current content marketing landscape trends, best practices, and capabilities, including tried and true platforms, tactics, and mediums as well as emergent ones.
- Experience with paid and owned media analytics, content management software tools, and project management workflow systems.
- Natural inclination for creative-thinking, problem-solving, and can balance projects, priorities and deadlines.
- Ability to interpret numbers and performance into actionable insights and takeaways for the brand and apply learnings to future work.
- Maintain high standards in every aspect of your work and continually raise the bar.
- Strong written and oral communication skills to articulate strategic decisioning and rationale for creative projects and executional needs.
- Understands regulatory implications of advertising and media (able to identify opportunities for risk and ways to mitigate it with specific controls).