As a member of Santander’s retail banking division you’ll help serve Santander’s retail and small business customers as part of one of the top banks in the United States based on deposits. With principal presence in the northeast U.S., Santander’s retail division offers consumer and lending products to help our customers reach their financial goals. Santander currently serves nearly 2 million retail customers and 5.2% of the 2.7 million small businesses in the US footprint have a transactional account with Santander Bank.
Reporting directly to the Head of CBB Strategy, the Associate Director acts as a business planning internal consultant for the organization to support the assessment and implementation of new strategic opportunities. The incumbent collaborates with senior leaders throughout the organization to reach a consensus on the viability of new services and initiatives and the assumptions and projections contained in a business plan. S/he supports the executive leadership team on any strategic matters and interacts cross-functionally to develop a deep understanding of critical issues and manage high priority strategic initiatives.
- Acts as an advisor to the executive team on their most critical priorities
- Assesses M&A opportunities
- Prepares materials for US Leadership Team and Board of Directors meetings
- Identifies opportunities for increased operational efficiency and effectiveness
- Identifies and analyzes opportunities that may significantly impact the company and its business. Monitors execution of initiatives to capture these opportunities.
- Drives teamwork and partnership with various lines of business throughout the organization to ensure a smooth implementation of organizational changes.
- Coordinates appropriate data collection, market intelligence, and business analysis, and accesses internal and external subject matter expertise to drive business plan development.
- Aligns business planning, analysis, and forecasting with capital and operating budgets, plans, and processes.
- Ensures compliance with laws and regulations, safeguarding of assets, compliance with Company policies and procedures, reliability of internal and external reporting, and efficiency and effectiveness of operations.
- Mentors and manages more junior team members.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent work experience required.
- Relevant business planning, project and financial experience.
- Strong overall business acumen; Knowledge of consumer banking or technology.
- Critical thinker with ability to apply business expertise and logic to multiple situations.
- Excellent problem solver and decision maker, with ability to provide creative solutions to solve complex problems. Applies independent judgment to resolve difficult issues.
- Demonstrated success supporting and facilitating senior leadership decision making and governance processes.
- Ability to navigate through a complex, multi-level business environment to deliver results.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities.
- Strong interpersonal skills and team player.
- Excellent communication skills; strong consultative, listening and analytical skills.
- Demonstrated ability to take a collaborative approach, practicing inquiry vs. advocacy.
- Advanced PowerPoint and Excel skills; Strong Presentation Skills at executive level
- Proven track record of building and maintaining strong relationships.
At Santander, we value and respect differences in our workforce and strive to increase the diversity of our teams. We actively encourage everyone to apply.