Serve as the Associate Director of IA (Internal Audit) & CRR (Credit Risk Review) Quality Assurance, Methodology, and Improvement Process (QAIP), dictating IA methodology and providing the Audit Committee with independent assurance on the quality and effectiveness of the IA & CRR functions. Thereby helping to protect the company’s value. To such ends, evaluates: the effectiveness and efficiency of these processes and systems; compliance with applicable laws and regulations, and with the requirements from supervisors.
The primary function of the QA Associate Director, is to lead the execution of quality assurance reviews included in the risk- based annual QA Plan as well as other assurance-related activities, oversee the work performed by the QA team members, and provide methodology trainings to Internal Audit team members. The Associate Director ensures QA reviews are performed in a timely manner and the quality of the reviews meet regulatory guidelines. The Associate Director also needs to cultivate good communication with all stakeholders and maintain courteous and professional behavior in all situations.
- Develops a broad and comprehensive understanding of IA methodology, audits and other assurance activities IA performs.
- Plans quality assurance reviews and activities.
- Keeps abreast of industry best practices, IIA standards and regulatory guidelines and expectations to ensure they are incorporated into QA procedures and properly covered by the team.
- Reviews and challenges critical audit scope, testing approach, audit conclusions and quality of key work papers (planning memo, risk control matrix, etc.) prepared by audit teams as part of QA reviews and activities
- Vets QA findings with the stakeholders.
- Presents, discusses, and confirms QA results with key stakeholders.
- Review, approves and presents the final QA memo to the stakeholders.
- Performs detailed reviews of QAR checklists, QA findings and ratings.
- Ensures assigned reviews and activities are completed within the budgeted timeframe.
- Ensures high quality, risk-focused reviews, and activities, in accordance with company policies, Internal Audit methodologies, regulatory guidelines and IIA standards.
- Dictates IA methodology and the corresponding updates to the IA Manual and various reporting.
- Provides IA methodology trainings and consultation to new hires, train the teams in any of the systematically identified areas through the QA reviews, train reviewers or other audit team members and complete all professional training as required by the company or IA.
- Tracks open QA findings and performs timely validations or escalation according to the QA Issue Validation Timeframe.
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting, Finance, Business or equivalent field.
- Master's Degree in Accounting, Finance, Business or equivalent field, preferred.
- 14 + year of Internal Audit Experience & at least 3 years of QA & Professional Practices Experience
- Analytical and problem-solving skills as well as the ability to work independently
- Detail oriented with organizational skills
- Relevant experience/credentials and certification for this specific area will be required
- Technology and computer skills, with the ability to effectively use Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint)
- Verbal and written communication skills
- Time management skills and the ability to complete multiple projects simultaneously and in a timely manner
- Ability to work independently with limited supervision
- Solid diplomatic skills with the ability to resolve conflict in a civil manner
At Santander, we value and respect differences in our workforce and strive to increase the diversity of our teams. We encourage everyone to apply.