The Associate, Product Management – Deposit Products leads and executes complex product initiatives and delivers high-quality products on time and within the budget that meets defined goals for the product. S/he will be part of multi-functional teams to ensure product requirements are completed and technical requirements can be created with specific responsibility towards Fees and Services. The incumbent will help with the full lifecycle management, including the identification and initial diligence into business or technology partnerships, gathering and prioritizing product and customer requirements, understanding the competitive marketplace and trends, developing a business case and pricing, and working closely with engineering, sales, marketing, and support to ensure revenue and customer satisfaction goals are met.
RESPONSIBILITY STATEMENTS -
- Acts as a Deposit Products subject matter expert (SME) on Fees & Services in terms of data analysis, industry comparison, market trends, etc.
- Will have a focus on services such as overdrafts, checkbook orders, and safe deposit box sales/management.
- Help build a product roadmap aligning solutions to services with SLAs, OLAs, costs, and budget models.
- Help create a roadmap that drives growth and profitability based on client needs.
- Focuses on existing products/enhancements.
- Builds critical partnerships with key business lines (Sales, Client Services, IT, Risk, RMs).
- Responsible for all components of client readiness, and colleague readiness (pre-launch activities which require participation from multiple stakeholders - Sales, Implementation, Client Services, Business Services, Marketing, etc.).
- Supports Sales on key relationships as well as new opportunities.
EDUCATION - Bachelor's Degree; In Business, Finance, or equivalent discipline, or equivalent work experience.
WORK EXPERIENCE - 5-9 years; Related work experience.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES –
- Able to communicate effectively to internal teams, key partners, and executive management,
- Understands product development life cycle,
- Creates strategic plans and layout a strategic course of action to drive future business growth for a specific product,
- Demonstrates the ability to translate client needs into marketable product features,
- Translates customer needs into marketable product features,
- Self-starter: forward-thinking, with a positive/can-do attitude,
- Solid understanding of the impact of regulatory changes to the products,
- Strong analytical skills/financial acumen,
- Strong background in Deposit related products and services
- Good knowledge of MS Office software such as Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Knowledge of SAS software would be an advantage.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS - Minimal physical effort such as sitting, standing, and walking.
- Adapts quickly to change and makes suggestions for increasing the effectiveness of change.
- Appropriately shifts attention and refocuses on new goals because of changes in priorities or competing for work demands.
- Addresses customers’ requests, ensures concerns are recorded accurately and action is initiated appropriately.
- Makes extra effort to satisfy the needs of our customers and meets commitments.
- Builds and maintains one’s network of contacts and resources and knows who to involve in problem resolution.
- Creates a good working environment in the team; works towards shared goals contributing ideas and accepting change.
- Assists and coaches less experienced team members.
- Executes risk management process and procedures without management direction and demonstrates awareness of expected results.
- Knows the relationship and impact of actions and results.
- Understands regulations impacting the areas supported.
- Follows through to meet commitments to others.
- Takes responsibility for achieving strong results, despite balancing multiple complex demands.
- Probes in-depth to understand the customer's business needs
- Explores and understands the customer's alternatives and decision criteria.
- Understands the relevant products and services and the markets in which they are sold and their risk-return to the organization.
- Can identify and speak to major operational issues across the organization.
At Santander, we value and respect differences in our workforce and strive to increase the diversity of our teams. We actively encourage everyone to apply.