Santander’s Commercial Banking Division is an active provider of capital, treasury management and risk management solutions to thousands of small and mid-sized companies in the northeast and across the country. We also have expertise and provide service to specific industry sectors including real estate, asset based lending, energy, education, health care and government. Our clients rely on the strength of Santander’s balance sheet and the degree to which our relationship managers understand their businesses in order to develop the most relevant and compelling solutions. In addition, Santander’s significant international presence in regions around the world uniquely positions us to help companies grow their business, both near and far.
Transaction Banking provides cash management and trade services for clients of all lines of business at Santander Bank, with dedicated product, sales, service, and onboarding teams to support all Commercial Banking cash management and trade finance needs. The Transaction Banking team offers a full suite of treasury management solutions to support the day-to-day financial transactions of our Commercial clients – providing them with direct and secure access to the information and transaction tools they need to grow and prosper.
What We Do For Our Clients
Payables Solutions: Manages all forms of payments for businesses, including wire transfers, electronic payments (ACH), the Santander Commercial credit card, and our newest integrated payable solution, Santander Enterprise Payment Link.
Receivables Solutions: Provides faster access to funds, saves employee time and offers a more secure way to accept payments. Examples of receivables solutions include Santander Check Deposit Link, cash and coin processing and lockbox services.
Liquidity and Investment Solutions: Provides clients access to the cash they need, when they need it. This is accomplished by meeting the clients’ needs with operating accounts, working capital solutions and investment products.
Electronic Banking & Product Development: Provides online banking and administration through Santander Treasury Link, our modern cash management platform that offers clients access to real-time account information and statements 24×7, payments using secure funds transfer tools, bulk file services and more.
The Senior Associate, Business Intelligence & Reporting is responsible for the development and implementation of the analytic approaches to and resources for understanding the Company's customers and prospects, identifying growth opportunities both within the existing portfolio and through customer acquisition, and developing effective modeling and customer targeting to leverage the opportunities. S/he identifies and recommends actions for senior leadership to guide and influence long term and strategic decision making for the Company.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Assembles project plans, procedures, resources to ensure accuracy and timeliness in project completion
- Builds strong partnerships with stakeholders across the business to maintain executive level reporting with zero quality defect and consistent on-time delivery
- Collaborates with stakeholders to improve current analytics processes and develop new capabilities
- Communicates with senior leadership on strategic matters
- Conducts executive reporting, competitive intelligence and associated policies, methodologies and resources
- Creates actionable recommendations designed to improve business performance
- Designs and develops analytical reporting metrics and dashboards across all critical business unit(s) and processes for senior leadership
- Designs and develops quantitative analysis to support the development, validation and implementation of data modeling, database design, data mining, and segmentation techniques
- Manages all projects across the Business Intelligence (BI) department, including, milestones/deadlines, deliverables, budgets, resources, and building key stakeholder relationships
- Manages data gathering efforts with internal and external business partners
- Manages most strategic accounts and relationships for the Business Intelligence (Bi) department
- Oversees and serves as subject matter expert on Business Intelligence (BI)
- Provides ongoing business and technical management of the Business Intelligence (BI) platform development, including day to day operations, projects, and commercialization leading to broad adoption across the organization
- Provides thought leadership by proactively identifying new business intelligence platforms that drive a higher level of data democratization, self-service analytics, and overall growth in digital capabilities among the workforce
- Serves as a key liaison between business and IT groups, acquires and delivers on business requirements, and successfully manages external vendors
- Spearheads modeling and analytics efforts to provide insights into new product launches/initiatives
At Santander, we value and respect differences in our work force and strive to increase the diversity of our teams. We actively encourage everyone to apply.
- Bachelor's Degree in Finance, Economics, Computer Science, Mathematics/Statistics, Management Information Systems, or other equivalent field
- 9-12 years of relevant banking experience, ideally transaction banking
- Experience/knowledge of banking products
- Hands-on data analysis experience
- Trend analysis experience
- Experience presenting data and assumptions
- Ability to present to and interact with senior management
- Strong experience with SQL, Excel, Tableau, Visual Basic and Access; experience with Salesforce preferred
- Excellent analytical skills with the ability to collect, organize, analyze, and disseminate significant amounts of information with attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to adapt and adjust to multiple demands and competing priorities
- Ability to balance between data needs and requirements for action
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to communicate and influence senior executive leadership
- Ability to communicate and build relationships at all levels with clarity, poise, maturity and precision both written and verbal
- Ability to convey a sense of urgency and drive
- Ability to effectively interact with the market, executive management and vendors
- Ability to handle conflict resolution with other groups to ensure appropriate accounting guidance is followed
- Ability to interact with senior level management; experience interfacing with multiple levels of the organizational structure
- Ability to lead, influence and direct peers, subordinates and management.
- Ability to make effective decision making on complex matters
- Ability to manage multiple, continuous technical projects