Location Boston, United States Category Other Positions Date posted 22/09/2020 Job ID 2003071
Apply for role
Commercial Banking Underwriter - Analyst-2003071
Santander’s Commercial Banking Division is an active provider of capital, treasury management and risk management solutions to thousands of small and mid-sized companies in the northeast and across the country. We also have expertise and provide service to specific industry sectors including real estate, asset based lending, energy, education, health care and government. Our clients rely on the strength of Santander’s balance sheet and the degree to which our relationship managers understand their businesses in order to develop the most relevant and compelling solutions. In addition, Santander’s significant international presence in regions around the world uniquely positions us to help companies grow their business, both near and far.
SummaryThe Underwriting Analyst works closely with the origination team and credit risk management in reviewing and analyzing financial statement reports, conducting due diligence, helping structure the transaction, assessing credit risk ratings, preparing deal screen presentations, writing credit approval memorandums, presenting recommendations to credit committee, reviewing legal documentation, and monitoring and managing the credit portfolio.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Assists all partners (closing, portfolio, and operations) in the closing of loans
- Decisions loan requests in accordance with the organization's loan policies and procedures
- Orders and reviews appraisals and valuations if applicable
- Participates in projects that help improve and streamline the credit delivery process
- Prepares commitment letters upon approval of loan request
- Prepares high quality, detailed credit approval documents that contain an in-depth analysis and an understanding and identification of credit issues and risks
- Recommends proper loan structuring that limits risk
- Supports Department Manager
At Santander, we value and respect differences in our workforce and strive to increase the diversity of our teams. We actively encourage everyone to apply.
- Bachelor's Degree in Finance, Accounting, Management, Economics or equivalent field, or equivalent work experience
- 3-5 years of relevant (underwriting) experience and/or training
- Ability to work on multiple transactions simultaneously and prioritize assignments to meet deadlines and manage expectations
- Ability to work well on a team with different personalities, adjust quickly to various work situations, and remain composed under pressure/in stressful situations
- Familiarity with financial statement analysis
- Highly proficient with Microsoft Office, especially Excel
- Proven organizational skills; able to work independently and be detail oriented and thorough
- Strong verbal, written, interpersonal, and public presentation skills