Reporting directly to the Head of SBNA Operations, the Head of the Customer Service Center is responsible for building a world-class Customer Service Center (CSC) for Santander and will be the driving force in implementing progressive customer experiences. S/he collaborates with various stakeholders including frontline staff and various key partners (Retail Network, Marketing, IT, etc.) to ensure a scalable best in class customer experience.
- Establishes and implements key strategies for the Customer Service Center.
- Develops and drives initiatives that focus on process improvements throughout the service organization.
- Designs and implements streamlined and best in class processes and practices that are focused on increasing operational efficiency and improving overall customer satisfaction.
- Sets departmental and individual performance standards that are aligned with the service goals of the company and makes decisions regularly on taking any necessary corrective action measures.
- Oversees the delivery and continued development of a standardized training program for the Customer Service department.
- Develops, implements, and reports key performance indicators based on company and customers' shared objectives.
- Benchmarks industry & company best practices, competition, and trends related to customer experience to incorporate into future projects and planning to maximize effectiveness.
- Partners with internal stakeholders to set strategy and establish priorities to effectively and efficiently align priorities and initiatives between internal product teams, sales teams and marketing to drive end-customer satisfaction.
- Designs and implements best-in-class experience strategy and roadmap for Santander customers with a customer-centric approach.
- Continually analyzes contact channel procedures and metrics to optimize efficiency, quality and resolution.
- Fosters company-wide culture of Customer Success.
- Manages departmental budgets by analyzing and controlling expenditures of the department in order to conform to company and departmental established budgetary requirements.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent work experience
- Master’s Degree preferred
- 15+ years’ experience management of a Customer Service/Customer Support function
- 12-15 years’ experience in Financial Services
- Advanced knowledge and experience using statistical packages for analyzing data sets (Excel, Access, SPSS).
- Demonstrated expertise in Customer Service segment, or ability to perform at an advanced level of competence.
- Superior leadership, supervisory, and customer service skills.
- Ability to manage influence through persuasion, negotiation, and consensus building.
- Ability to influence all levels of employees in a collaborative cross-cultural environment.
- Ability to handle conflict resolution and ensure appropriate accounting guidance is followed.
- Ability to direct, train, and develop multiple teams led by directors.
- Ability to effectively communicate and build relationships with multiple levels of the organizational structure, including senior level management.
- Ability to maintain and report on confidential information in an appropriate manner.
- Ability to convey a sense of urgency and drive issues/projects to closure.
- Demonstrated desire for continuous learning and improvement.
- Deep understanding of value drivers in recurring revenue business models.
- Superior conflict management and resolutions skills.
- Strong leadership, teaming, and positioning skills.
- Ability to effectively interact with the market, executive management and vendors.
- Ability to adapt and adjust to multiple demands and competing priorities.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.