The Sr. Advisor, Compliance serves as a subject matter expert to ensure documents, projects, processes or product initiatives comply with regulatory and legal requirements and enterprise policy. S/he performs risk assessments, synthesizes analyses, identifies root cause(s), and provides recommendations to management that influence business solutions.
- Advises management on current issues regarding banking.
- Advises management on current issues regarding correspondent banking.
- Collaborates across business units within the organization to ensure consistency in policies and procedures.
- Ensures proper implementation of business requirements and identifies outstanding compliance issues.
- Identifies compliance opportunities and potential solutions.
- Identifies systemic procedural weaknesses and additional training requirements needed to ensure compliance.
- Leads and influence cross functional enterprise projects or compliance teams.,Leads efforts to improve standardization and efficiency of responses to regulators.
- Mentors and enhances compliance staff knowledge competencies.
- Offers recommendations and makes project related decisions within scope of work assignment.
- Partners with managers in assigned business unit to respond to reports issued by regulatory agencies or audit.
- Performs risk assessments, synthesizes analyses, identifies root cause(s), and provides recommendations to management.
- Provides compliance input on business action plans, projects, or operational requests.
- Provides insight and guides management on issues.
- Responds to regulatory inquiries and third party examiners.
- Serves as a resources to team members on escalated issues of unusual nature.
- Serves as a subject matter expert to ensure documents, projects, processes or product initiatives comply with regulatory and legal requirements and enterprise policy.
- Acts as a subject matter expert (SME) while providing leadership, guidance, and mentorship to other team members.
Bachelor's Degree; Business, Finance, or equivalent field.,Master's Degree; Business, Finance, or equivalent field.,or equivalent work experience;
Work Experience: 9-12 years; Compliance, Legal, Regulatory, or Financial Services.
Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to adjust to new developments/changing circumstances.
- Ability to analyze risk and design efficient control practices to minimize risk
- ,Ability to build and foster internal and external relationships.
- Ability to build and foster internal relationships.
- Ability to convey a sense or urgency and drive.
- Ability to interact with senior level management; experience interfacing with multiple levels of the organizational structure.
- Ability to lead, influence and direct peers, subordinates and management.
- Ability to make effective decision making on complex matters.
- Ability to multi-task and meet strict deadlines.
- Advanced knowledge of regulatory compliance, relevant industry regulations and regulatory data sources.
- Business Line awareness,Commercial awareness.
- Demonstrated experience facilitating change to achieve measurable results.
- Demonstrated subject matter expertise compliance opportunities and resolution.
- Detail orientated with the ability to also understand overall strategy.
- Excellent critical thinking skills with the ability to be adept in identifying and resolving complex risk management problems.
- Excellent interpersonal, supervisory, and customer service skills required.
- Excellent project management skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Self-directed, self-motivated and demonstrated experience providing ideas and solutions to further business understanding.
- Superior analytical, problem solving and critical thinking skills.
Minimal physical effort such as sitting, standing, and walking.
- Brings out the best in each team member by consistently motivating and acknowledging peer contributionsUnderstands and leverages team dynamics
- Effectively conveys difficult or complex information in an easy to understand manner, by providing the big picture and illustrating important linkages
- Asks open-ended questions that encourage others to give their points of view
- Ensures people receive the information they require, and brings the team together to share information
- Ensures that all directs and colleagues have appropriate knowledge of risk and the regulatory environmentInvestigates and identifies the root cause and corrects items deemed non-compliant, regardless of pressures from business or management
- Fully accountable for timeliness, completeness, quality of projects, processes, products and services
- Remains calm and focused on goals while facing pressures, obstacles or short-term setbacks,Improves relationships between key individuals to achieve seamless cross-team work flow and positively impact results
- Uses informal networks to gain support for ideas and projects
- Keeps up -to-date with external market events, pressures and regulations which may impact the organization and assesses whether similar issues exist in the organizatio
- Can identify functional and organizational implications associated with major trends
- Designs solutions to address industry activities that impact the organization
- Monitors adherence to policies, regulations, processes and procedures within function and actively undertakes corrective action where necessary
- Understands end to end processes across the organization and how processes are integrated
- Has a practical knowledge of regulations impacting area supported