As a member of Santander’s retail banking division you’ll help serve Santander’s retail and small business customers as part of one of the top banks in the United States based on deposits. With principal presence in the northeast U.S., Santander’s retail division offers consumer and lending products to help our customers reach their financial goals. Santander currently serves nearly 2 million retail customers and 5.2% of the 2.7 million small businesses in the US footprint have a transactional account with Santander Bank.
The Sr. Associate develops the company's strategic plans and analyzes the organization’s strengths, weaknesses and business opportunities. S/He plans, develops, administers and reviews the company or division strategy, oversees the implementation of organizational priorities, and analyzes the company's economic, regulatory, market and competitive environment by conducting robust research and analyses. Additionally, s/he supports the executive leadership team on any strategic matters and interacts cross-functionally to develop a deep understanding of critical issues and manage high priority strategic initiatives.
- Identifies and analyzes opportunities that may significantly impact the company and its business. Monitors execution of initiatives to capture these opportunities.
- Supports data-driven decision-making by team, functional or business unit leaders. Defines and develops analytical approaches to unprecedented and complex issues.
- Determines where measurement gaps exist and devises new metrics or reports to fill those gaps.
- Reviews operational data/metrics, analyzes and synthesizes the data, then compiles into reports or presentations.
- Navigates the entire firm in order to effectively complete tasks.
- Develops consultative partnerships with internal teams and leaders to understand their strategic objectives, key performance indicators and reporting requirements.
- Communicates with internal teams and leaders to stay abreast of organization and function operations and is familiar with company practices relevant to metrics, performance indicators, reporting protocols, etc.
- Provides guidance to less experienced staff.
- Leads projects including assigning work and monitoring quality and completion.
- Contributes to the achievement of function or business unit objectives.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent work experience required.
- Relevant business planning, project and financial experience.
- Experience working with Analytics and providing process recommendations.
- Ability to consult, build, and maintain solid working relationships in and outside of immediate department.
- Ability to determine and report priorities/metrics to senior management.
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Ability to work and influence successfully within a matrix environment and build effective business partnerships with all levels of team members.
- Advanced Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint) skills.
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Strong attention to detail.