Sr. Associate – CECL & IFRS Allowance Loss Forecasting (Portfolio Management & Oversight)
Monitor activities to minimize the company's exposure to risk. Activities may include quantitative analysis, governance, reporting, risk identification and remediation. Represents or supports the reputation of the company to minimize compliance and regulatory risk by resolving issues and ensuring adherence to company and legal standards. Responsible for ensuring that all of the company's activities adhere to the necessary rules and regulations, and that the company complies with legal/regulatory statutes and jurisdictions.
- Lead the SBNA CECL and IFRS Allowance reporting activities, including materials preparation and presentation for business line reviews, allowance working group, allowance committee and other related forums.
- Lead the SBNA CECL and IFRS Allowance governance activities, including management of the allowance working group and allowance committee in accordance with established processes and requirements.
- Manage the allowance qualitative factor framework process, both planning and execution, in line with internal guidelines and regulatory requirements.
- Manage internal projects for the SBNA allowance team, including model implementation, deficiencies resolution, and others
- Manage the communication with Risk, Finance and Accounting teams to ensure deliverables are coordinated and on time. Prepare status update and materials as required
- Support the SBNA Loss Forecasting controls process
- Prepares and delivers statistical analysis in support of the allowance process
At Santander, we value and respect differences in our workforce and strive to increase the diversity of our teams. We encourage everyone to apply.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent work experience in Business, Finance, Economics or equivalent degree (required)
- Master's Degree in Business, Finance, Economics, or equivalent area (preferred)
- 9-12 years in credit risk, risk analytics, enterprise risk management or related area (required)
- 9-12 years in financial services industry (preferred)
Skills and Abilities
- Demonstrated subject matter expertise in credit risk models and analysis
- Advanced knowledge and experience using statistical packages for analyzing data sets (SAS, SQL, Excel).
- Expertise in delivering high quality work products, reflecting attention to detail and analytical prowess.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and the ability to interact with senior leaders across departments.
- Advanced project management skills.
- Ability to analyze risk and design efficient control practices to minimize risk.
- Ability to quickly grasp complex concepts, including global business and regulatory matters.
- Ability to adjust to new developments/changing circumstances.
- Self-directed, self-motivated and demonstrated experience providing ideas and solutions to further business understanding.
- Ability to lead, influence and direct peers, subordinates and management.