The primary function of the Treasury Sr. Supervisor, Audit is to oversee and provide coaching and assistance to audit staff as part of internal audit reviews and activities, provided the position's solid understanding of capital, liquidity and interest rate risk. In addition, the Sr. Supervisor executes part of the testing that requires a deeper understanding of the area under review. The Sr. Supervisor ensures fieldwork is performed in a timely manner, ensuring all audit quality and client relation standards are met, and courteous and professional behavior is observed in all situations.
- Assists the Audit Manager in assigning staff to complete specific audit tests and procedures.
- Attends professional training actions provided by the company.
- Communicates findings to business management and assists the Audit Manager in discussing the draft of recommendations with business management.
- Conducts post-audit follow-up to appraise adequacy of corrective action taken to address audit recommendations.
- Demonstrates proactivity in professional development activities.
- Develops a solid understanding of the business.
- Documents audit testing and follow-up tasks in accordance to relevant audit standards.
- Ensures fieldwork is completed within the budgeted timeframe.
- Examines business records and collects information, exercises independent judgment in identifying issues and assessing risk as well as formulates findings and presents the results to the Audit Manager.
- Executes control design and operating effectiveness testing over areas that require a deeper understanding of the business or function under review as part of internal audit reviews and activities.
- Participates with the Audit Manager in the planning of audit reviews and activities and designs test steps and audit procedures as part of internal audit reviews and activities.
- Prepares a draft of the recommendations to be presented to the Audit Manager.
- Provides consistent quality service to both internal and external stakeholders that meets the company's standards.
- Starts participating in the drafting of sections of the audit report/ conclusion document.
- Supervises and coaches audit staff as part of internal audit reviews and activities. As such, oversees field work and reviews and challenges the testing and work papers prepared by audit staff as part of internal audit reviews and activities, including post-audit follow-up.
- Acts as a subject matter expert (SME) while providing leadership, guidance, and mentorship to other project managers.
- Bachelor's Degree Accounting, Finance, Business or related field.
- 7-9 years' experience of relevant experience in capital, liquidity or interest rate risk management.
- At least 5-7 years audit experience
- CIA or/and field-related certification (CFA, FRM etc.) preferred.
- Ability to work independently with limited supervision
- Analytical and problem solving skills as well as the ability to work independently
- Detail oriented with organizational skills
- Great leadership skills, teamwork skills, as well as the ability to work independently
- Solid diplomatic skills with the ability to resolve conflict in a civil manner
- Technology and computer skills, with the ability to effectively use Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, Powerpoint)
- Time management skills and the ability to complete multiple projects simultaneously and in a timely manner
- Verbal and written communication skills
- Minimal physical effort such as sitting, standing, and walking.
- Considers multiple business and financial factors when weighing the merits of alternative risk strategies
- Has extensive experience in interpreting and analyzing a variety of financial data to diagnose significant or unusual operational risks
- Designs, develops and drives the adoption of risk management policies, processes, and procedures
- Applies advanced skills in operational processes and uses it to improve work efficiency and quality
- Ensures people receive the information they require, and brings the team together to share information
- Fully accountable for timeliness, completeness, quality of projects, processes, products and services
- Remains calm and focused on goals while facing pressures, obstacles or short-term setbacks,Improves relationships between key individuals to achieve seamless cross-team work flow and positively impact results Uses informal networks to gain support for ideas and projects
- Persists in searching out the root causes of major problems rather than being satisfied with partial solutions or "quick fixes"
- Brings new thinking, insights or technology to problem resolution
- Recognizes potential and multiple impacts of change and acts as a coach to help people understand and prepare for change
- Takes proactive action to maintain relationships that are impacted by change
- Takes responsibility for and deals effectively with complex and sensitive customer issues and complaints
- Anticipates customer needs and proactively makes recommendations
At Santander, we value and respect differences in our workforce and strive to increase the diversity of our teams. We encourage everyone to apply.