Location Boston, United States Category Data Science & Analytics Date posted 18/12/2019 Job ID 1905379
Apply for role
Sr. Specialist, Data Science (Internal Audit)-1905379
- The Santander US IA & CRR Data Analytics team supports all other US audit and credit risk review teams in successfully employing the use of advanced data analytics in audits.
- We are looking for a dedicated team player who shares our passion for data and process improvement to provide analytics support to our organization
- The position of Senior Specialist, Data Science contributes to the development, execution, monitoring, and evaluation of the data analytics audit strategy and delivery across US.
- This role will actively drive the integration of data analytics and associated data visualizations into internal audit projects to deliver innovative, insightful, and actionable analyses.
- The successful candidate will be an Analytics evangelist bringing their innovation, critical thinking, influencing, industry and functional expertise while leveraging advanced analytics to drive successful audits.
- Develop automated analytical scripts, tests and analytical reports using SQL based query, SAS or Python and/or data visualization tools such as Tableau.
- Provide data analytics support for various audits performed throughout the year, including requirements brainstorming, data acquisition, data management, iterative analysis design and analytics, and data visualization (where appropriate) for various audit engagements.
- Develops dashboards and related reports to create more compelling visuals that highlight impactful insights which are easier to consume for key stakeholders.
- Identify, understand and acquire large underlying information/data to meet objectives. Performs large-scale data mining and data science projects as well as ad hoc statistical and data mining analyses.
- Summarize results to present anomalies, error rates and dollar impact from anomalies / exceptions.
- Presents results of analyses to business auditor teams, explain technical and statistical concepts to non-technical/non-statistical associates and vice-versa.
- Support education and skill building of audit and credit risk review team members to deliver base level of DA competency and raise awareness of DA benefits
- Typically has 3 to 5 years of experience performing data analysis, statistical and/or modeling using data analytics tools like SAS, SQL, R, Python and/or ACL, internal controls, and/or external/internal financial audit
- Bachelor’s Degree in Data Science, Management Information Systems, Computer Science, Engineering, Statistics, Mathematics, or related study
- Strong programming capability; ability to solve problems through programming and simulation.
- Demonstrated working knowledge of tools for data analysis, such as Python or SAS and business intelligence products such as Tableau.
- Demonstrated experience with SQL and knowledge of data extraction and manipulation.
- Ability to work with multiple sources of disparate data.
- Strong analytics background with attention to details to deliver quality results.
- Ability to conceptualize and execute analytical work based on broad business objectives.
- A passion for detail, accuracy, reliability and speed coupled with desire for data exploration to reveal deeper insights, business process improvement opportunities and areas of potential risk
- Ability to analyze large, complex data sets in order to identify common themes and solutions
- Inquisitive nature, resourceful, and an ability to seek out information
- Understanding of data reconciliation requirements, including the identification, evaluation, and resolution of data anomalies
- Technical aptitude with strong logical, problem solving and decision-making skills.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to present complex information in an understandable and compelling manner.
- Strong communication skills and ability to thrive in a fast paced, multiple-deliverables, team-oriented environment.
- Ability to demonstrate understanding of data governance concepts
- At least 3 to 5 years of progressive experience in Internal Audit
- Certified in SAS, Python, Tableau or any other programming experience
- Proficiency in statistical data analysis or modeling languages (SAS, R, Python, Spark, etc.)
- Experience using data visualization tools (Excel, SAS Visual Analytics, Tableau, PowerBI, Qlik, etc.)
- CISA, CDMP certifications or interest in obtaining a certification in one of these disciplines
- Experience working with data warehousing.