Job Family: Information Technology
Designs, analyzes and supports the company's information technology structure, systems and processes. Acquires, designs, implements and operates the company's information technology resources (e.g., computer hardware, operating systems, communications, software applications, data, databases, etc.). Deploys, acquires, maintains and ensures security of information technology assets. Plans and tests processes to ensure compliance with system requirements, business objectives, security standards and other technical requirements.
Job Function: Software Engineering
Responsible for designing, developing, implementing and updating electronic data systems in accordance with the needs of the company. Activities include evaluating, scheduling and resourcing development projects, investigating user needs, writing, testing and maintaining computer programs, and preparing systems documentation. Executes technical plans, system analysis, detailed design specifications, development, unit and component testing.
Summary of Responsibilities:
The Associate, Application Development develops, maintains, and enhances critical business applications, and provides specialized technical, and quick hit solutions for strategic and near term projects. S/he leads the design and development of solutions aligned with all facets of Tech Data's business units utilizing robust computing architectures in a multi-tier environment. The incumbent delivers products using the Scrum methodologies to ensure the highest priorities are delivered first.
The Associate, Application Development is a subject matter expert who develops software programs to meet project schedule and maintains and supports existing software applications, while working to resolve complex issues.
- Develops or modifies complex software that is optimized for performance.
- Maintains software across multiple business units.
- Develops high profile, high performance solutions using cutting edge technologies.
- Contributes to application software reporting initiatives.
- Maintains and supports existing software applications Identifies and resolves complex app issues and bugs.
- Interacts with business areas, and systems analysts and/or business analysts to document business requirements and communicate project specifications; clarifies requirement-related issues as needed.
- Tests new installations and/or software prior to release to minimize failures and impact.
- Develops and maintains good understanding of application environment.
- Analyzes business requirements across multiple business areas, usually as a team lead, including the evaluation of application software packages.
- Formulates and defines application scope and objectives; devises and modifies procedures to solve business problems.
- Creates impact and details design documents, translating requirements into an appropriate system design, and version control of deliverables.
- Codes and configures application components and interfaces.
- Acts as a subject matter expert (SME) while providing leadership, guidance, and mentorship to other project managers.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Education -
- Bachelor's Degree: in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or equivalent field
- Master's Degree
- or equivalent work experience
- Experience -
- 5-9 years Knowledge of Systems Development Life-Cycle (SDLC).
- Skills & Abilities -
- Able to build solid, effective working relationships with others.
- Able to analyze and resolve complex issues and problems in a sound and timely fashion.
- Able to assimilate research data from a variety of sources, analyze, and recommend appropriate courses of action to take.
- Able to coach others in the development of their skills.
- Able to constructively work under stress and pressure when faced with high workloads and deadlines. Able to design applications using new or existing methodologies. Able to adjust readily to change and adapt as needed.
- Able to express ideas clearly and convey necessary information.
- Able to identify areas of risk/concern in area of responsibility.
- Able to identify needs and opportunities and develop action plans to address.
- Able to interact effectively with all levels of management.
- Able to think strategically and tactically. Able to work independently with minimum supervision.
- Able to prepare/analyze appropriate reports and other business correspondence.
- Possesses strong organizational and time management skills, driving tasks to completion.
Day-to-day job responsibilities:
- Work on the expansion, modernization, and optimization of web-based financial applications
- Knowledge of risk and threats for loan servicing and payment/lending
- Participate in reviews and meetings to provide updates on progress
- Initiate, lead, and implement software solutions for critical business processes
- Document processes and technical requirements for management and team review
- Expected to do on-call support a week every 10-12 weeks
- After business hours production deployment and post-deployment support
- Web services/API, OO design patterns, and coding best practices
- Replacement of mission critical legacy systems that is used to connect the front office with the backend accounting systems
At Santander, we value and respect differences in our workforce and strive to increase the diversity of our teams. We actively encourage everyone to apply.
Employees desiring consideration should complete an online application, utilizing the appropriate process as subscribed by the posting entity. Employees should provide all pertinent information to support their candidacy.
To be considered eligible for internal posting, Santander employees must meet all of the following eligibility requirements:
- Completion of at least one year of active service in Santander
- Completion of at least twelve months in current position
- Be in "Good Standing"
Please click here to see the full policy- https://tbcdn.talentbrew.com/company/1771/internal_v2_0/img/eligibility.pdf
- Frequently: Minimal physical effort such as sitting, standing, and walking.
- Occasional moving and lifting of equipment and furniture is required to support onsite and offsite meeting setup and teardown.
- Physically capable of lifting up to fifty pounds, able to bend, kneel, climb ladders.
- This job description does not list all the duties of the job. You may be asked by your supervisors or managers to perform other duties. You will be evaluated in part based upon your performance of the tasks listed in this job description.
- The employer has the right to revise this job description at any time. This job description is not a contract for employment, and either you or the employer may terminate employment at any time, for any reason.