- Support critical production applications, respond to and address production issues, implement monitoring and automation solutions to prevent future occurrences
- Experience with IT automation using Windows PowerShell and/or higher level programming languages such as C# and Python
- Troubleshoot nonproduction environments and production environments as they relate to code deployment and application releases
- Develop automation tools to assist with deployments, configuration management and reporting
- Familiarity with Splunk searches and alerts or similar monitoring platforms
- Familiarity with relational database design and usage, specifically for creating automated reports
- Monitor and address incoming requests in the ASE ServiceNow queue for nonproduction deployment, research, investigation, troubleshooting
- Identify, perform, automate and report on daily environment maintenance tasks
- Collaborate closely with developers to ensure that the designed solution meets non-functional requirements such as availability, performance, security, and maintainability
- Utilize extensive knowledge of Windows and infrastructure troubleshooting to determine root cause of system related issues
- Create a bridge between development and operations by applying a software engineering mindset to systems support and administration
- Familiarity with load balancer configuration and troubleshoot of configuration
- Strong communication skills both written and verbal.
Job Family: Information Technology
Designs, analyzes and supports the company's information technology structure, systems and processes. Acquires, designs, implements and operates the company's information technology resources (e.g., computer hardware, operating systems, communications, software applications, data, databases, etc.). Deploys, acquires, maintains and ensures security of information technology assets. Plans and tests processes to ensure compliance with system requirements, business objectives, security standards and other technical requirements.
Job Function: Application Support
Tests and analyzes new and existing applications using technologies and databases to support business requirements. Responsible for the maintenance of day-to-day operations of an application, as well as diagnosis and recovery, and ensuring alignment with system standards.
Summary of Responsibilities:
- Performs impact analysis and drive root remediation across application and infrastructure tiers by facilitating real-time and offline triages. Engage vendors as required.
- Provides technical oversight and execute on infrastructure upgrade activities.
- Creates well-written and understandable technical documentation.
- Maintains good working relationships with stakeholders and business teams as well as Incident/Problem managers, other technical support and development teams
- Delivers appropriate metrics for reporting on key performance and working with the performance and reliability team to drive continual service improvement.
- Works with the relevant development and application reliability teams to ensure proper root cause analysis is performed, workarounds and known errors are documented, seek improvements to ensure that lessons are learnt from incidents to prevent a future reoccurrence.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Education -
- Bachelor's Degree: in Computer Science/Software Engineering or equivalent field.
- or equivalent work experience
- Experience -
- 5-9 years Experience supporting web-based applications by applying relevant technology architectures.
- Skills & Abilities -
- Knowledge of end-to-end systems development life cycles (i.e., waterfall, iterative and other modern approaches to software development)
- Solid understanding of network and internet technology concepts, including web server technologies, database technologies, Microsoft environments and Data center operations.
- Excellent customer service skills that build high levels of customer satisfaction for internal and external customers
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively with both technical and non-technical individuals
- Ability to collaborate and perform in a dynamic and continuous-improvement seeking environment
- Willingly shares relevant technical and/or industry knowledge and expertise to other resources
- Excellent problem-solving, team, and time management skills
- Resourceful and proactive in gathering information and sharing ideas
- Hands-on experience with problem diagnosis and creative problem solving skills
- Ability to work and thrive in a fast-paced environment, learn rapidly and master diverse technologies and techniques
- Ability to independently manage multiple tasks and client commitments concurrently
- Strong attention to detail
- Self-motivated and highly professional with ability to lead and take ownership and responsibility
- Ability to engage in technical conversations with various technical support groups
- Frequently: Minimal physical effort such as sitting, standing, and walking.
- Occasional moving and lifting of equipment and furniture is required to support onsite and offsite meeting setup and teardown.
- Physically capable of lifting up to fifty pounds, able to bend, kneel, climb ladders.
- This job description does not list all the duties of the job. You may be asked by your supervisors or managers to perform other duties. You will be evaluated in part based upon your performance of the tasks listed in this job description.
- The employer has the right to revise this job description at any time. This job description is not a contract for employment, and either you or the employer may terminate employment at any time, for any reason.
At Santander, we value and respect differences in our workforce and strive to increase the diversity of our teams. We actively encourage everyone to apply.
Employees desiring consideration should complete an online application, utilizing the appropriate process as subscribed by the posting entity. Employees should provide all pertinent information to support their candidacy.
To be considered eligible for internal posting, Santander employees must meet all of the following eligibility requirements:
- Completion of at least one year of active service in Santander
- Completion of at least twelve months in current position
- Be in "Good Standing"
Please click here to see the full policy- https://tbcdn.talentbrew.com/company/1771/internal_v2_0/img/eligibility.pdf