Santander’s Commercial Banking Division is an active provider of capital, treasury management and risk management solutions to thousands of small and mid-sized companies in the northeast and across the country. We also have expertise and provide service to specific industry sectors including real estate, asset based lending, energy, education, health care and government.
Our clients rely on the strength of Santander’s balance sheet and the degree to which our relationship managers understand their businesses in order to develop the most relevant and compelling solutions. In addition, Santander’s significant international presence in regions around the world uniquely positions us to help companies grow their business, both near and far.
The Associate, Business Intelligence & Reporting is responsible for data and intelligence activities across an assigned data domain(s) using a risk based, standard business process approach.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Demonstrated ability to understand bank operational processes and create/convert rawdata into actionable insight(s), enabling the management team to make smarter, data-driven decisions.
- Design, develop, test and maintain proactive data quality.
- Work with key stakeholders and team members to identify strategic and tactical business needs, and align appropriate data driven solutions to them.
- Develop scalable and recurring processes and reporting to support Transaction Banking business needs.
- Help validate, produce and maintain the Transaction Banking dashboards.
- Deliver ad hoc data and service requests.
- Identifies opportunities to improve data management capabilities across bank data sources.
- Serve as subject matter expert for Transaction Banking analytics and insights.
- Manages multiple tasks and projects simultaneously, owns deliverables end to end, and partners with other teams to achieve goals.
- Adheres to corporate risk management objectives.
- Analyzes and documents functional processes and controls ensuring gaps and deficiencies are inventoried.
- Develops and deploys operational dashboards and reports to create significant business impact.
- Identifies inefficient business processes and drives improvements to maximize efficiency.
- Profiles data within their assigned data domains to identify/prioritize areas with greatest data quality concerns.
- Supports with the development of data and process improvement plans.
At Santander, we value and respect differences in our workforce and strive to increase the diversity of our teams. We actively encourage everyone to apply.
- Bachelor's Degree; Finance, Economics, Computer Science, Mathematics/Statistics, Management Information Systems, or other equivalent field. MBA a plus.
- 5-9 years of relevant Business Intelligence and Reporting experience.
- Bank Operations experience; background and interest in the fields of operations, revenue, data / analytics, reporting and compliance.
- Able to lead teams, establish relationships and partner effectively with various groups including Sales, Product, Operations, Compliance, and Marketing.
- Experience examining manual processes and automating such to achieve efficiencies and increased profitability.
- Can lead teams and projects, and work unsupervised. Take direction from Senior Leadership and is able to resolve multiple issues at the same time.
- Strong business acumen with a strategic business sense. Willingness to learn and grow experience in building best-in-class data models and reporting output.
- Proactively and effectively communicate issues when encountered.
- Ability to drive team excellence, multi task and implement / interpret policies.
- Effectively collaborate with various business units across the bank to ensure successful handling and resolution of client queries.
- Proven experience in supporting teams with setting goals and providing meaningful MI to drive customer success
- Strong client service and organization skills.
- Proficient with the MS Office package to include MS Access, advanced proficiency coding SQL, above average proficiency in VB/C# programming.
- Strong proficiency with database structures and methodology, reporting tools.
- Ability to adapt to rapidly changing business environment.
- Ability to communicate at all levels with clarity, poise, maturity and precision both written and verbal.
- Demonstrated data analysis, data presentation, and data development skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong attention to details and can analyze information quickly.