The Data Engineer collects, organizes and analyzes data sets to draw conclusions to maximize efficiency of internal operational processes, to manage risk, and to position the team to better serve customers through enhanced product and analytics solution offerings. Responsible for drawing insights from large sets of quantitative data. May use advanced analytics technologies, systems and software, including but not limited to Tableau and Microsoft SQL Server.
The Data Engineer will develop data-driven recommendations that support key business decisions across the company. Performs analysis and develops analytic products to forecast and recommend actions aligned to defined customer business objectives and strategic priorities. Researches market conditions to provide an industry perspective around analytics and data visualization tools, techniques, and best practices. Analyzes, compiles and manages market research on analytic product or solution requirements and competitive environment to identify enhancements to current features and functionality.
- Develops, deploys, and maintains operational dashboards and reports to create significant business impact, as aligned to customer business objectives and strategic priorities
- Collaborates with technical support team as BI/business lead on projects, analyzing user needs, preparing enhancement requests, supporting technical development/implementation and performing user acceptance testing.
- Collaborates and coordinates with business management to ensure that business and functional informational needs are met.
- Profiles and reconciles data within their assigned data domains to identify/prioritize areas with greatest data quality concerns.
- Partners and collaborates with the business to maintain rules and standards to improve data accuracy and value.
- Maintains a current industry perspective around analytics and data visualization tools, techniques, and best practices.
- Supports the production of monthly reports and deliverables.
- Collaborates with stakeholders to improve and streamline processes regarding data flow and data quality to improve data accuracy, viability and value.
- Provides additional support for users through training, documentation, system access, report writing guidance and query resolution to help them analyze, understand and utilize available BI data most effectively.
- Identifies inefficient business processes and drives improvements to maximize efficiency
- Adheres to corporate risk management objectives.
- Bachelor’s Degree, Computer Science, Management Information Systems, or equivalent work experience
- Master’s Degree, Business Administration, Management, Information Systems or equivalent field a plus.
Skills and Abilities:
- 5-9 Years Relevant Experience
- Advanced Knowledge of data modeling, database design/development, data mining, and data visualization techniques.
- Demonstrated ability to use Tableau Desktop and Tableau Server to perform data analysis and prepare data presentations.
- Demonstrated proficiency with SQL, and Microsoft SQL Server.
- Advanced knowledge of statistical applications within Financial Services to interpret data requests and identify data analytics opportunities.
- Ability to communicate at all levels with clarity, poise, maturity and precision both written and verbal.
- Ability to multi-task and adhere to deadlines.
- Ability to adapt to rapidly changing business environment.
- Ability to adjust to new developments/changing circumstances.
- Ability to influence others.
- Ability to interact with all levels of employees, including senior level management.
- Ability to leverage technology to improve and automate business tasks.
- Ability to maintain and report on confidential information in an appropriate manner.
- Strong Project Management skills.
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills.
- Strong attention to details and can analyze information quickly.
Physical Demands: May frequently require minimal physical effort such as sitting, standing, walking
At Santander, we value and respect differences in our workforce and strive to increase the diversity of our teams. We actively encourage everyone to apply.