The Sr. Associate, Application support administers and maintains the underlying application and database infrastructure, supporting an innovative suite of financial services applications. As trusted advisor, the incumbent creates and maintains effective customer relationships so as to insure customer satisfaction. Maintains knowledge of leading edge technologies and industry/market domain knowledge. Actively contribute to the Company's solutions portfolio by providing information ranging from technical knowledge to methodologies.
- Advises on and participates in governance boards to ensure that the overall architecture delivers the desired benefits to the organization.
- Defines system platforms based on user/client needs, cost, and required integration with existing applications, systems, or other platforms.
- Defines technical standards and functionality tests. Develop specifications, prototypes, or initial user guides as well as be familiar with a variety of the field's concepts, practices, and procedures.
- Develops and implements policies and procedures to ensure that systems support the organization's business requirements and meet the needs of end users.
- Ensures that the application/systems, data and technology aspects of the architecture are driven by the business imperatives of the organization and that the requirements are managed consistently and effectively to drive the overall architecture.
- Establishes the basic structure of the system, define the essential core design features and elements that provide the framework for all that follows.
- Relies on extensive experience and judgment to plan, develop, and implement a system platform framework applicable to the existing environment to accomplish goals and objectives. A wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected.
- Serves as a subject matter expert for architectural frameworks, methods and tools and will act as coach to advise and assist varied business and technical staff with appropriate strategy and design disciplines.
- Works closely with business and technical staff and acts as a key contributor to support complex and critical platform environments.
- Bachelor's Degree; in Computer Science/Software Engineering or equivalent field or equivalent work experience;
- 9-12 years; Deploying and maintaining software products in a cloud environment.
- 9-12 years; Experience managing cloud software projects utilizing agile methodologies in a mission-critical environment.
- 9-12 years; System administration leadership in a large matrixed organization. [SKILLS AND ABILITIES] Ability to drive product vision, strategy, and development roadmap in alignment with sales, business and market direction, and strategy
- Ability to quickly ascertain technical status of issues raised using limited information and formulating the best possible issue-resolution plan
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Expert command of DevOps concepts, processes and best practices
- History of building detailed technical artifacts documenting software deployment processes
- In-depth knowledge of industry security practices, with special focus on securing and monitoring cloud-based solutions
- Leadership skills to drive evolution and change
- Practical experience and appreciation for DevOps practices and processes that foster automation and collaboration with a goal to build, test and release software and products faster and reliably
- Record of managing multiple simultaneous projects on time and on budget
- Strong customer relationship management skills with ability to prioritize and develop creative solutions to problems, Strong process-oriented approach to all work products
- Strong working knowledge and/or a passion to explore and aptitude to quickly learn a wide range of frameworks, technologies and software development, testing, integration and deployment tools
- Successful track record of managing a network of partnerships with technical teams to resolve system problems and application-specific issues
- Understanding of software performance tools, metrics and benchmarks
- Well-versed with a wide range of technologies across web, database, integrations, interfaces, services and server side
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: Minimal physical effort such as sitting, standing, and walking.
At Santander, we value and respect differences in our workforce and strive to increase the diversity of our teams. We actively encourage everyone to apply.