London, United Kingdom
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING
Join our community.
At Santander we’re driven by our purpose - to help people and businesses prosper. We help our customers at the moments that matter most and champion businesses to help them to grow sustainably. That’s why we’re building a community to be a digital bank with a human touch and deliver an outstanding customer experience living our values of Simple, Personal and Fair.
Financial Crime (FC) has a devastating impact on our communities through its association with illegal drugs, human trafficking and terrorism amongst many others.
Financial crime is therefore a top priority risk for our bank and our mission at Santander UK is to Deter, Detect and Disrupt Financial Crime, ensuring that we protect our clients, our communities, our shareholders and the firm.
In this critical role, you’ll be the subject matter expert, providing Financial Crime Risk advice across Line 1 and central functions.
You’ll be working to ensure the Anti-Money Laundering Advisory team are providing the best guidance and advice possible.
The difference you will make.
- Providing advice and guidance on how best to implement Financial Crime policy requirements
- Acting as the first point of contact for all AML queries in the Financial Crime Centre of Excellence
- Assessing any risk identified in relation to the customers and discounting where no FC risk can be identified
- Running policy gap analysis, advising on required updates to procedures
- Agreeing policy dispensations and communicating these to the Governance team
- Disseminating information provided from AML Policy and FIU teams to impact assess and support implementation
What you will bring.
We are looking for people who can help shape, influence and transform the bank’s capabilities, ensuring we continue to disrupt financial crimes, and support and enable the right outcomes for our customers.
- Subject matter expertise across a broad section of Financial Crime
- Previous Financial Crime advisory experience in AML/CTF
It would also be nice for you to have.
- Experience of work collaboratively in a high performing team
- Ability to review critical information and to advise on the correct decision
- Track record of developing/managing relationships with key stakeholders
What our people say.
Financial Crime has a devastating impact on our communities through its association to illegal drugs, human trafficking and terrorism. Criminals will always look for new ways to evade our systems and controls so we must look to constantly evolve to address new threats that’s why our mission is to Deter, Detect and Disrupt Financial Crimes, ensuring that we protect our clients, our communities, our shareholders and the firm. Financial crime is a top priority risk for our bank.
What else you need to know.
Given the recent impact of the Coronavirus outbreak we will be conducting all interviews via telephone or video-conference where possible.
This is a 12-month fixed term contract role and can be based in our offices in Milton Keynes, Bradford, Glasgow or Sheffield.
At Santander, we each take personal responsibility for managing risk by embracing the I AM Risk framework - to Identify, Assess, Manage and Report risks, and to continuously build a deeper understanding of the risks we face. It is an important part of our culture at Santander and we will provide you with knowledge to help you manage risks in your role.
#ThePlaceToBeYourself – Everyday Inclusion at Santander
We are committed to making sure all our colleagues feel they belong and are supported to succeed. Our customers come from a wide range of backgrounds, and so do our people, so we welcome applications from across society.
You can find out more about how we’re embedding an inclusive culture that encourages our people to bring their full and authentic selves to work on our Inclusion and Belonging page here.
How we’ll reward you.
As well as a competitive salary, you’ll enjoy a benefits package that you can tailor to your needs.
- Eligible for a discretionary performance-related annual bonus
- Pension with generous contributions of up to 12.5% from Santander, depending on your own contribution and length of employment with us
- 30 days’ holiday plus bank holidays, which increases to 31 days after 5yrs service, with the option to purchase up to 5 contractual days per year
- £6,000 car allowance per year
- Company funded individual private medical insurance
- Voluntary healthcare benefits at discounted rates such as private medical insurance for your family, dental insurance, healthcare cash plan and health assessments
- Benefits supporting you and your family, such as death-in-service benefit, income protection, and voluntary life assurance and critical illness cover
- Share in Santander’s success by investing in our Sharesave and Partnership shares plans
For more information about our wide range of benefits and family friendly policies visit our website.
What to do next:-
If this sounds like a role you’re interested in, then please apply.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR