Why apply for this role?
If you’re looking for a role that will give you the opportunity to help shape and improve the effectiveness of operational risk management within Santander London Branch (SLB), this position could be perfect for you. As part of our first line of defence you will help to ensure that all operational risk regulatory requirements and expectations are met, and promote the most efficient management of operational risk within the bank.
You will lead the Core Operational Risk team and support SLB in developing, implementing and embedding operational risk framework tools and methodologies. This is a critical role that will enable our first line of defence to identify, assess and where appropriate mitigate the division’s major operational risk exposures.
What you’ll be doing
- Embedding the 1st Line Operational Risk Framework across SLB and promoting awareness through clear communications
- Monitoring the adequacy and effectiveness of the operational risk environment across SLB
- Successfully managing and delivering operational risk assessments, including RCSA, Scenario Analysis and ORA programmes
- Managing Operational Risk Events capture and reporting, root cause analysis and escalation across SL
- Helping to identify, report and escalate Operational Risk Indicators across SLB
- Ensuring the operational risk profile of the division is accurately, effectively and timely reported
What we’re looking for
- You will have experience of working in a 1st line Risk Control function, ideally within a wholesale banking environment
- Experience of applying Operational Risk Management practices, through the identification, Assessment, Management and Reporting of Risks
- Experience in performing OR and Risk Control Self Assessments (RCSA), Managing and Reporting Events, Maintaining Key Risk and Control Indicators and OR Scenarios.
- Ability to improve direct stakeholder engagement with Risk and Control owners across multiple business lines
- Proactive and responsive, able to take your own initiative to promptly resolve business queries/issues.
How we’ll reward you
As well as a competitive salary, you’ll enjoy a benefits package that you can tailor to your needs. Eligible for a discretionary performance-related annual bonus
- Pension with generous contributions of up to 12.5% from Santander, depending on your own contribution and length of employment with us
- 30 days holiday plus bank holidays, with the option to purchase up to 5 contractual days per year
- Company funded individual private medical insurance
- Voluntary healthcare benefits at discounted rates such as private medical insurance for your family, dental insurance, healthcare cash plan and health assessments
- Benefits supporting you and your family, such as death-in-service benefit, income protection, and voluntary life assurance and critical illness cover
- Share in Santander’s success by investing in our Sharesave and Partnership shares plans
For more information about our wide range of benefits and family friendly policies visit our website.
At Santander, with only a small action or a simple idea, you can achieve great things. You can improve the daily life of more than 140 million people. You can collaborate with a friendly team of more than 200,000 employees.
It doesn’t stop there. You’ll also be part of a vibrant organisation that’s been reinventing itself for more than 160 years. One that invests millions of pounds in training its people every year. One that helps more than 2 million people every year with social programmes.
We call it #TheSantanderEffect.
Santander are an equal opportunities employer. When we talk about diversity, we don’t just want to pay lip service. Our customers come from a wide range of backgrounds, and so do our people. It’s important to us that we create an inclusive culture where everyone counts, and we particularly welcome applications from different underrepresented groups.
For more information on our commitment to equal opportunities, please visit our diversity page here.
What to do next
If this sounds like a role you’re interested in, then please apply on the link below.
Application closing date: 27/02/2020
Due to high volume of applications we may need to close this role earlier than the advertised date, so recommend submitting an application as soon as possible.