London, United Kingdom
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING
Join our community.
At Santander we’re driven by our purpose - to help people and businesses prosper. We help our customers at the moments that matter most and champion businesses to help them to grow sustainably. That’s why we’re building a community to be a digital bank with a human touch and deliver an outstanding customer experience living our values of Simple, Personal and Fair.
You’ll report directly to the Transaction Monitoring (TM) Product Owner and will work alongside colleagues and teams across the Financial Crime Centre of Excellence (FC CoE) teams and Santander UK.
You’ll be responsible for Detection and Transaction Monitoring Risk Coverage regarding strategy and model maintenance.
If you’ve performed a similar role previously, this may be the perfect opportunity to develop your career.
The difference you will make.
- Managing the scenario design and enhancements from design to implementation, including the scenario modelling with FC data & Analytics
- Managing and maintaining the TM Target Operating Model and additional process design requirements while liaising with BAU Rule Governance Forum
- Developing, maintaining and managing the execution of periodic Segmentation process
- Liaising with analytics for all analytical requirements and deliverables and escalating any risks/concerns
- Delivering the TM roadmap while liaising with BAU risk managers regarding any risk priority updates
- Liaising with TM teams to understand any updates, changes or enhancements required to scenario detection and Case management requirements
What you will bring.
We are looking for people who can help shape, influence and transform the bank’s capabilities, ensuring we continue to disrupt financial crimes, and support and enable the right outcomes for our customers.
- Extensive, demonstrable, subject matter expertise of Transaction Monitoring in a Financial services environment
- In depth understanding of risk typologies and scenario analysis from a risk coverage and detection perspective
It would also be nice for you to have.
- An industry recognised Financial Crime Qualification – e.g. ICA, ACAMS, CISI
- Excellent stakeholder management skills, paired with great communication skills
- Previous experience delivering change and transformation projects
- Strong organisational skills combined with the ability to work under pressure and delivering results
What our people say.
Financial Crime has a devastating impact on our communities through its association to illegal drugs, human trafficking and terrorism. Criminals will always look for new ways to evade our systems and controls so we must look to constantly evolve to address new threats that’s why our mission is to Deter, Detect and Disrupt Financial Crimes, ensuring that we protect our clients, our communities, our shareholders and the firm. Financial crime is a top priority risk for our bank.
What else you need to know.
Given the recent impact of the Coronavirus outbreak we will be conducting all interviews via telephone or video-conference where possible.
This is a permanent role and can be based in our offices in London, Milton Keynes, Glasgow, Bradford or Sheffield.
At Santander, we each take personal responsibility for managing risk by embracing the I AM Risk framework - to Identify, Assess, Manage and Report risks, and to continuously build a deeper understanding of the risks we face. It is an important part of our culture at Santander and we will provide you with knowledge to help you manage risks in your role.
#ThePlaceToBeYourself – Everyday Inclusion at Santander
We are committed to making sure all our colleagues feel they belong and are supported to succeed. Our customers come from a wide range of backgrounds, and so do our people, so we welcome applications from across society.
You can find out more about how we’re embedding an inclusive culture that encourages our people to bring their full and authentic selves to work on our Inclusion and Belonging page here.
How we’ll reward you.
As well as a competitive salary, you’ll enjoy a benefits package that you can tailor to your needs.
- Eligible for a discretionary performance-related annual bonus
- Pension with generous contributions of up to 12.5% from Santander, depending on your own contribution and length of employment with us
- 30 days’ holiday plus bank holidays, which increases to 31 days after 5yrs service, with the option to purchase up to 5 contractual days per year
- £6,000 car allowance per year
- Company funded individual private medical insurance
- Voluntary healthcare benefits at discounted rates such as private medical insurance for your family, dental insurance, healthcare cash plan and health assessments
- Benefits supporting you and your family, such as death-in-service benefit, income protection, and voluntary life assurance and critical illness cover
- Share in Santander’s success by investing in our Sharesave and Partnership shares plans
For more information about our wide range of benefits and family friendly policies visit our website.
What to do next:-
If this sounds like a role you’re interested in, then please apply.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR
EXPERIENCEMore than 5 years of relevant work
COMPETENCIESAccuracy and Attention to Detail (Working Knowledge), Analytical Thinking (Working Knowledge), Business Data Analysis (Working Knowledge), Conduct Risk (Working Knowledge), Financial Crime Risk (Working Knowledge), Financial Services Industry (Working Knowledge), Key Performance Indicators (Working Knowledge), Regulatory Compliance (Working Knowledge), Reputational Risk (Working Knowledge)