Why apply for this role?
As a Wholesale Compliance Advisory Manager, you’ll be a key member of the team. You will provide real-time conduct and regulatory advisory services to the firm and public-side businesses which consist of Global Markets, Research and the Risk Solutions Group. You’ll also support the team covering the Regulated Covered Bond programme and LIBOR submission process.
This is a permanent opportunity based in our Triton Square office.
What you’ll be doing
- Providing timely and accurate support and advice on conduct and regulatory related matters
- Creating and maintaining relevant Public-Side Policies and Compliance Procedures
- Supporting the team in the identification, assessment, monitoring and management of compliance risks and regulatory requirements applicable to the firm
- Maintaining relationships and open communication
- Supporting the Compliance team and business in the preparation of Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) visits, regulatory related audits and compliance reviews
- Liaising and working collaboratively with Compliance teams in other global locations
What we’re looking for
- Knowledge of FCA rules and general understanding of the Conduct and Compliance Requirements
- Keen interest in developing and maintaining strong and up-to-date knowledge of regulatory requirements and applying them appropriately
- Highly developed written and oral communication skills
- Deep technical knowledge of Wholesale banking
Exposure to the following products/activities is desirable:
- Credit/rates (including derivatives)
- Foreign Exchange (Spot/Forwards/Options)
- Financing transactions (repos/reverse repos, stock lending/borrowing
- Regulated covered bonds
What else you need to know
Given the recent impact of the Coronavirus outbreak we will be conducting all interviews via telephone or video-conference where possible.
How we’ll reward you
As well as a competitive salary, you’ll enjoy a benefits package that you can tailor to your needs.
- Eligible for a discretionary performance-related annual bonus
- Pension with generous contributions of up to 12.5% from Santander, depending on your own contribution and length of employment with us
- 30 days holiday plus bank holidays, with the option to purchase up to 5 contractual days per year
- �6,000 car allowance per year
- Company funded individual private medical insurance
- Voluntary healthcare benefits at discounted rates such as private medical insurance for your family, dental insurance, healthcare cash plan and health assessments
- Benefits supporting you and your family, such as death-in-service benefit, income protection, and voluntary life assurance and critical illness cover
- Share in Santander’s success by investing in our Sharesave and Partnership shares plans
For more information about our wide range of benefits and family friendly policies visit our website.
At Santander, with only a small action or a simple idea, you can achieve great things. You can improve the daily life of more than 140 million people. You can collaborate with a friendly team of more than 200,000 employees.
It doesn’t stop there. You’ll also be part of a vibrant organisation that’s been reinventing itself for more than 160 years. One that invests millions of pounds in training its people every year. One that helps more than 2 million people every year with social programmes.
We call it #TheSantanderEffect.
Santander are an equal opportunities employer. When we talk about diversity, we don’t just want to pay lip service. Our customers come from a wide range of backgrounds, and so do our people. It’s important to us that we create an inclusive culture where everyone counts, and we particularly welcome applications from different underrepresented groups.
For more information on our commitment to equal opportunities, please visit our diversity page here.
What to do next
If this sounds like a role you’re interested in, then please apply on the link below.
Due to high volume of applications we may need to close this role earlier than the advertised date, so recommend submitting an application as soon as possible.