SAM is looking for a GLOBAL CONTROLLER, based in our MADRID office.
WHY YOU SHOULD CONSIDER THIS OPPORTUNITY
SAM is an international asset manager with strong local roots in Europe and Latin America. With presence in 11 countries, working for institutional clients, individual clients, and intermediaries such as Santander banks in all geographies. The philosophy is to manage our investments to capture maximum upside but also downside protection. SAM offers a comprehensive range of investment solutions, from investment funds to illiquid assets, to provide right answers to the client´s needs.
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING
As a Global Controller, you will be a key member of the Global Finance & Management Control team at Santander Asset Management and will be responsible for multiple aspects of the function including management and statutory reporting, budgeting, liaison with the Division and the Group, and ad-hoc projects for senior management.
We need someone like you to help us in different fronts:
- Produce, control and analyze monthly management reporting (commercial activity and P&L) for SAM globally
- Liaise and build working relationships with multiple geographies, as well as with the Division and Group (CdG and IG)
- Manage annual budgeting processes and strategic plans for SAM globally
- Monitor and analyze the cost base in order to explain and mitigate variances
- Develop ad-hoc reports and analyses as required by senior management and other parts of the business
- Prepare annual statutory accounts and annual impairment tests for several legal entities within SAM, including liaison with Gesban and external audit
- Contribute to the continuous improvement of the Finance & Management Control function processes, automation initiatives and overall simplification
- Represent SAM and deputize for the CFO when nedeed.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR
- +10 years experience performing a similar role
- Strong knowledge of the Santander Group; preferably combining corporate and geography roles
- Bachelor´s degree
SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE
- Highly analytical and numerate, with an associated track record
- Attention to detail and ability to manage workload to meet deadlines
- Microsoft Office: Advanced Excel and PowerPoint
WHAT WE OFFER YOU
Welcome to #TheSantanderEffect. Here, with only a small action or a simple idea, you can do great things. We offer you the advantages and the means to contribute to the progress of more than 140 million people around the world. These are the key factors that multiply the actions of all our employees:
- Meaningful Impact - Where the effect of your work makes a difference and helps people to prosper
- Personal and Professional Growth - The chance to develop through world-class training, challenging work, and different roles
- Respect - Be part of an organization that cares – about its people, its wider community, and the environment
- Co-worker quality - Work with inspiring professionals who are leaders in their field
- Global stability - Work for a solid global organization that has successfully reinvented itself many times in its 160- year history.