SANTANDER is looking for IT ARCHITECTS for its TECHNOLOGY DIVISION
At Santander, you can be part of one of the largest transformations the World is experiencing in the past several decades. The emergence of disruptive platforms as a business model has reshaped other industries and is poised to do the same in financial services. To do so, we are transforming our Technology function, with 500+ new hires planned for this 2020.
This change is only possible with people like you, who will help us to raise the bar. We aim to bring technologists, passionate professionals who live and breathe technology, who will be constantly seeking different ways of doing things, learn a new language every year, keep old computer parts and reuse them in strange projects around the house, continually tinker with electronic gadgets of all sorts, and be considered the geekiest person around by all their friends and family. That might be a bit of exaggeration, but you get the idea of what we are looking for.
And on top of a meaningful job, we care about you. At Santander, this means creating a workplace that respects your individuality and supports you to enjoy life outside work. You will enjoy flexible working conditions, a global well-being program, BeHealthy, and will be entitled to spend a certain number of hours each month volunteering.
Definition and evolution of Technical Reference Architectures in the Cloud, Microservices and Events domain: definition of Macro architecture, architectural diagrams, patterns, good practices and definition and design of architectural libraries.
We need somebody like you to help us in different fronts to:
- Create deliverables that help develop target-state guidance (reusable standards, guidelines, individual parts and configurations) for evolving the technical capabilities across the enterprise, in order to enable business strategy and deliver targeted business outcomes.
- Understand technology trends and the practical application of existing, new and emerging technologies to enable new and evolving applications.
- Drive innovation to renovate, extend, and transform the existing core technology base and IT estate.
- Coach, mentor and collaborate with technical subject matter experts and IT Architecture peers to develop technology architecture that enables and drives new business capabilities and operating models
- Definition and design of architectural solutions Cloud-aware (microservices, serverless,..)
- Execution of concept tests of new technologies, definition of design patterns and development recommendations.
- Definition of architectural and reusable components that provide a global solution and simplify the development of Grupo Santander applications.
- Documentation, dissemination and support to the development teams for the adoption of new technologies.
- 3+ years of relevant experience as an IT Technical Architect, ideally on Agile, working on / with:
- Experience in the definition and design of systems and solutions based on Services and Microservices
- Experience in event-based architecture and reactive architecture
- Experience in different Cloud platforms (Azure, AWS, Open Shift)
- Experience in development frameworks such as Spring / Node and IC and DC tools (Jenkins, Nexus,..)
- Software technology, and the ability to plan global, regional and local software architecture and infrastructure components
- Technologies and methods to design processing mechanisms and roadmaps to execute business application systems; ability to design these roadmaps and deploy supportive interfaces for end-users to access related systems, in accordance with standards and processes
- Tools, methods, and techniques of requirement analysis; ability to elicit, analyse and record required business functionality and non-functionality requirements to ensure the success of a system or software development project
- Methods and tools to develop a blueprint for the future state of IT; ability to develop the roadmap of it, while aligning the architecture and processes with business strategies and objectives
- Intermediate/High English, spoken and written
- Knowledge of and ability touse, configure, and install software for connecting distributed software and services across heterogeneous platforms
- Flexiworking: we have more than 10 flexibility measures to facilitate the balance between professional and personal life, such as flexible entry/exit time or telecommuting.
- Daily lunch grant: you can have your meal at the restaurants of Santander Group City or use the take out option.
- You will be part of “Familia Santander”: with special financing conditions in mortgages and other financial products.
- Access to “Santander Contigo” program: to help you and your family when you need it giving support on different issues such as legal and emotional advice or management, up to a 24-hour personal assistant.
- Flexible Benefits Plan: you can advantageously obtain different benefits such as health insurance, kindergarten, training courses/masters or the Public Transport Card of Madrid.
- Prime office space, with on premise gym, hairdresser, convenience store and many other amenities.
- Multiple discounts for e-commerce, trips or restaurants with Santander Benefits platform.
- Life insurance
- Parking, which includes places for bicycles and electric cars.
- Equality Plan
- And more important: a team proud of diversity and concerned about sustainability.
We are the Technology and Operations team for Santander Group. We are convinced of the importance of technology that is aligned with the requirements of the business and that our work not only brings value to users, people and communities but also fosters individual creativity. Our team of over 2,000 people in 7 countries (Spain, Portugal, UK, USA, Mexico, Chile and Brazil) develops and/or implements financial solutions across a broad spectrum of technologies (including Blockchain, Big Data and Angular among others) on all kinds of onpremise and cloud-based platforms
At Santander you will enjoy #TheSantanderEffect. Here, with only a small action or a simple idea, you can do great things. We offer you the advantages and the means to contribute to the progress of more than 140 million people around the world. These are the key factors that multiply the actions of all our employees:
- Meaningful Impact - Where the effect of your work makes a difference and helps people to prosper
- Personal and Professional Growth - The chance to develop through world-class training, challenging work, and different roles
- Respect - Be part of an organization that cares – about its people, its wider community, and the environment
- Co-worker quality - Work with inspiring professionals who are leaders in their field
If you want to know more about us, follow us on https://es.linkedin.com/company/banco-santander