SANTANDER TECHNOLOGY & OPERATIONS is looking for a Platform Enterprise Server (microfocus) Expert, based mainly in MADRID
At Santander, you can be part of one of the largest transformations the World is experiencing in the past several decades. The emergence of disruptive platforms as a business model has reshaped other industries and is poised to do the same in financial services. To do so, we are transforming our Technology function, with 500+ new hires planned for this 2020.
We are looking for professionals like you, with the skills and competencies required for the development of digital solutions for the creation, implementation and evolution of the new Global Platforms required for Santander Group all over the world
And on top of a meaningful job, we care about you. At Santander, this means creating a workplace that respects your individuality and supports you to enjoy life outside work. You will enjoy flexible working conditions, a global well-being program, BeHealthy, and will be entitled to spend a certain number of hours each month volunteering.
A Platform Enterprise Server (microfocus) Expert, provides maintenance and operation of specific production system. Responsible for ensuring service level through investigations, control system assessments and design support.
We need somebody like you to help us in different fronts:
- Defines and design technical procedures
- System Owner accountability for the platform service
- Defines best practices
- Ensures health of production systems and processes
- Executes critical tasks
- Scheduling of critical tasks
- Technical support in critical incidents
- Provide moderate to advance technical assistance to team members
- Organizing relevant training sessions
- Implements automations on the platform for DevSecOps use.
- Define the processes to control and make the follow-up of services (Batch and CICS instances), and establish best-practices to prevent incidents.
- Provide add-value solutions in Entreprise Server administration.
- Do tasks of consulting and administration of the BBDD environment
- Make valuable Tasks automatic.
- Review Database security and implement controls and corrections.
- Continuous monitoring.
- Provide 24x7 incidents call support on rotation basis.
EXPERIENCE & EDUCATION
- +5 years’ experience in Enterprise Server solution for Batch and CICS workloads.
- Be used to the Agile ways of working
SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE
- High knowledge in Enterprise Server, preferred any Administration certifications
- High knowledge in Enterprise Server options: CICS and Batch instances, PAC configuration (including Redis and Postgress) and integration with LDAP, Oracle, Syncsort, MQSeries, Control-M, Cloud technologies.
- Linux OS knowledge for Enterprise Server implementations: Red Hat Linux.
- Scripting: python and script shell
- Enterprise server security hardening.
- Tuning related Tasks
- Innovation and collaboration in POCs
- Development assessment and Support
- Monitoring capabilities of the Enterprise Server environment
- High knowledge of High availability scenarios.
- Take decisions and organize work teams
- High innovation capacities.
- Mainframe knowledge.
- Cobol language and Sort tool knowledge.
- TCP/IP communications skills
- Administration knowledge on Banking sector.
- Flexiworking: we have more than 10 flexibility measures to facilitate the balance between professional and personal life, such as flexible entry/exit time or telecommuting.
- Daily lunch grant: you can have your meal at the restaurants of Santander Group City or use the take out option.
- You will be part of “Familia Santander”: with special financing conditions in mortgages and other financial products.
- Access to “Santander Contigo” program: to help you and your family when you need it giving support on different issues such as legal and emotional advice or management, up to a 24-hour personal assistant.
- Flexible Benefits Plan: you can advantageously obtain different benefits such as health insurance, kindergarten, training courses/masters or the Public Transport Card of Madrid.
- Prime office space, with on premise gym, hairdresser, convenience store and many other amenities.
- Multiple discounts for e-commerce, trips or restaurants with Santander Benefits platform.
- Life insurance
- Parking, which includes places for bicycles and electric cars.
- Equality Plan
- And more important: a team proud of diversity and concerned about sustainability.
We are the Technology and Operations team for Santander Group. We are convinced of the importance of technology that is aligned with the requirements of the business and that our work not only brings value to users, people and communities but also fosters individual creativity. Our team of over 2,000 people in 7 countries (Spain, Portugal, UK, USA, Mexico, Chile and Brazil) develops and/or implements financial solutions across a broad spectrum of technologies (including Blockchain, Big Data and Angular among others) on all kinds of onpremise and cloud-based platforms
At Santander you will enjoy #TheSantanderEffect. Here, with only a small action or a simple idea, you can do great things. We offer you the advantages and the means to contribute to the progress of more than 140 million people around the world. These are the key factors that multiply the actions of all our employees:
- Meaningful Impact - Where the effect of your work makes a difference and helps people to prosper
- Personal and Professional Growth - The chance to develop through world-class training, challenging work, and different roles
- Respect - Be part of an organization that cares – about its people, its wider community, and the environment
- Co-worker quality - Work with inspiring professionals who are leaders in their field
If you want to know more about us, follow us on https://es.linkedin.com/company/banco-santander