The Service Manager within an IT Product Team, leads and is responsible for managing the administration and support activities for one or several of Openbank's technology systems running live in production. From developing standards and procedures to ensure the SW complies with the applicable production guidelines, Service Managers work closely with Release Managers on the actual release of new software to end customers. Accordingly, Service Managers are responsible for monitoring Production performance, SW issues detection and resolution and manage overall Production SLAs compliance.
- Responsible for owning and managing in a daily basis the administration and support activities for one or several bank platforms. Provides Level-2 support (diagnosis, fixing) to outstanding runtime defects.
- Responsible for the release of new software to production and for regular scheduled patching and updates of software and platform components.
- Main point of escalation for Application Support team issues across the Bank in production for a particular IT domain.
- Responsible for building a clear strategy and plan to enhance and improve the Application Support Team Service.
- Accountable for continued maintenance of systems to improve efficiencies. Executes improvement plans to provide better service and increased quality SLAs, and is able to fix critical situations on new software releases.
- Develops departmental standards and procedures including release standards and documentation requirements.
- Has a high level understanding of banking systems and foundation architecture in order to manage the relationship and compliance of SLAs with the applicable software and hardware vendors.
- Must interface with members of the IT and user community to coordinate activities relating to the implementation of new software.
- Provides technical consultation and support to users and other IT staff.
Qualifications and Competencies
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or other related field.
- 7 to 10 years of IT work experience including managing team(s) responsible for systems engineering, development, administration and support.
- Experience in banking systems is preferred.
Expected experience / knowledge
- Practical experience in developing and implementing a high-performing Service Operations environment and knowledge of "what good looks like", through the definition and adoption of a governance practice that uses KPIs and metrics to track and measure the quality of service. Integrates them with key accountabilities to ensure consistency of approach and continual service improvement.
- Success in leveraging traditional Operations best practices, such as ITSM, as well as emerging methods, such as DevOps, which is in incremental usage within Openbank.
- Strong vendor management and partner relation skills to identify and leverage resources internal and external to the enterprise to enhance capabilities that support business objectives.
- Strong risk assessment, problem resolution, negotiation, and influencing skills.
- Responsible for running the core banking operational processes (Temenos T24) and Implementing changes and releases. Experience of +3 years of managing core banking software´s in production.
- Experience working / running Temenos T24 core banking system in production (minimum 2 years). (Nice to have) Has upgraded Temenos T24 versions, understands how to do it and best practices.
- +4 years of experience working on Java technologies and distributed application environments.
- Involved / part of team in big core banking transformation program or digital transformation program
- 1 – 2 years of experience working on cloud environments.