WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING
Join our community.
At Santander we’re driven by our purpose - to help people and businesses prosper. We help our customers at the moments that matter most and champion businesses to help them to grow sustainably. That’s why we’re building a community to be a digital bank with a human touch and deliver an outstanding customer experience living our values of Simple, Personal and Fair.
You’ll help drive initiatives that reduce that risk and ensure compliance through an enabled, engaged, and high performing CDD team, ensuring all processes are completed in accordance with defined SLAs and meet regulatory requirements.
Leadership, coaching and people development are key aspects of this role together with an ability to drive performance. Creating the right culture and doing things the right way will also be key, with a strong focus on Santander’s behaviours.
The difference you will make.
- Overseeing and managing analysts as a team lead, acting as a first point of escalation for analysts and providing SME advice and guidance where required
- Ensuring all investigation decisions, outcomes and supporting rationale are accurately recorded and all supporting material used during the investigation/review is attached to the investigation record
- Providing regular reporting on operational effectiveness and efficiency
- Ensuring all Analysts are appropriately skilled, qualified & trained
- Supporting the wider team and management team to identify and implement opportunities to improve processes, procedures or controls
- Building and developing relationships with key stakeholders within the Bank, building credibility for the function and enhancing the brand
What you will bring.
We are looking for people who can help shape, influence and transform the bank’s capabilities, ensuring we continue to disrupt financial crimes, and support and enable the right outcomes for our customers.
- Solid experience managing a large team within Financial Crime, managing individual team performance, reviewing key performance metrics, assessing efficiency and challenging processes.
- Experience performing CDD - reviewing and assessing customer information (e.g. source of wealth and source of funds) to understand the FC risks associated with the relationship.
It would also be nice for you to have.
- Experience of working within current financial crime regulations and bank policies, as well as awareness of the regulatory environment in which the bank operates.
- Experience taking risk-based decisions on whether risk associated with a customer and whether to onboard/retain a customer relationship.
- Experience assessing, investigating, and managing CDD reviews for personal/non-personal customers and third parties.
- Experience of working with HR policies, such as absence management and supporting capability.
What our people say.
Financial Crime has a devastating impact on our communities through its association to illegal drugs, human trafficking and terrorism. Criminals will always look for new ways to evade our systems and controls so we must look to constantly evolve to address new threats that’s why our mission is to Deter, Detect and Disrupt Financial Crimes, ensuring that we protect our clients, our communities, our shareholders and the firm. Financial crime is a top priority risk for our bank.
What else you need to know.
Given the recent impact of the Coronavirus outbreak we will be conducting all interviews via telephone or video-conference where possible.
This is a permanent role which can be based in our offices in Milton Keynes, Bradford, Glasgow or Sheffield.
At Santander, we each take personal responsibility for managing risk by embracing the I AM Risk framework - to Identify, Assess, Manage and Report risks, and to continuously build a deeper understanding of the risks we face. It is an important part of our culture at Santander and we will provide you with knowledge to help you manage risks in your role.
#ThePlaceToBeYourself – Everyday Inclusion at Santander
We are committed to making sure all our colleagues feel they belong and are supported to succeed. Our customers come from a wide range of backgrounds, and so do our people, so we welcome applications from across society.
You can find out more about how we’re embedding an inclusive culture that encourages our people to bring their full and authentic selves to work on our Inclusion and Belonging page here.
How we’ll reward you.
In addition to your salary, we offer a wide range of benefits that you can choose from and tailor to your needs.
- Eligible for a discretionary performance-related annual bonus
- Receive a £500 annual cash allowance to spend on our great range of benefits.
- Pension with generous contributions of up to 12.5% from Santander, depending on your own contribution and length of employment with us
- 27 days’ holiday plus bank holidays, which increases to 28 days after 5yrs service, with the option to purchase up to 5 contractual days per year
- Voluntary healthcare benefits at discounted rates such as private medical insurance, dental insurance, healthcare cash plan and health assessments
- Benefits supporting you and your family, such as death-in-service benefit, income protection, and voluntary life assurance and critical illness cover
- 24/7 access to an online employee discount platform
- Share in Santander’s success by investing in our Sharesave and Partnership shares plans
- Support your favourite causes through charitable giving and our community partnerships
For more information about our wide range of benefits and family friend policies visit our website.
What to do next:-
If this sounds like a role you’re interested in, then please apply.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR
COMPETENCIESAccuracy and Attention to Detail (Working Knowledge), Analytical Thinking (Working Knowledge), Business Data Analysis (Working Knowledge), Conduct Risk (Working Knowledge), Financial Crime Risk (Working Knowledge), Financial Services Industry (Working Knowledge), Key Performance Indicators (Working Knowledge), Regulatory Compliance (Working Knowledge), Reputational Risk (Working Knowledge)