Why apply for this role?
As a Front End Developer in our team, you’ll transform the design and product vision into working products that directly influence how users interact with the system.
You’ll work hard to stay on top of fast changing technology and invest a lot of energy in learning new tricks. Not only will you know about the latest industry trends in client development frameworks, but also what the near future will bring. A love for clean interfaces and a passion for great user experiences goes without saying.
What you’ll be doing
- Building applications according to the design
- Providing designers with feedback and suggesting tradeoffs
- Ensuring the code follows latest coding practices and industry standards
- Working closely with backend developers to understand and properly use the systems APIs
- Writing both unit and integration tests, and developing automation tools for daily tasks
- Challenging ideas and opinions to avoid pitfalls and inefficient solutions
What we’re looking for
- Mobile development experience with either native or web-to-native tooling and frameworks
- Understanding of RESTful APIs and how use them in practice
- Ability to write effective unit, integration, and end-user automation tests
- Strong understanding of Agile methodologies
What else you need to know
Given the recent impact of the Coronavirus outbreak we will be conducting all interviews via telephone or video-conference where possible.
Want to know more about what it’s like to work at Santander? Find out from some of our colleagues.
How we’ll reward you
As�well as a competitive salary, you’ll enjoy a benefits package that you can tailor to your needs. Eligible for a discretionary performance-related annual bonus��
- Pension with generous contributions of up to 12.5% from Santander, depending on your own contribution and length of employment with us
- 30 days holiday plus bank holidays, with the option to purchase up to 5 contractual days per year
- Company funded individual private medical insurance
- Voluntary healthcare benefits at discounted rates such as�private medical insurance for your family, dental insurance, healthcare cash plan and health assessments
- Benefits supporting you and your family, such as death-in-service benefit, income protection, and voluntary life assurance and critical illness cover
- Share in Santander’s success by investing in our�Sharesave�and Partnership shares plans
For more information about our wide range of benefits and family friendly policies visit�our�website.�
At Santander, with only a small action or a simple idea, you can achieve great things. You can improve the daily life of more than 140 million people. You can collaborate with a friendly team of more than 200,000 employees.
It doesn’t stop there. You’ll also be part of a vibrant organisation that’s been reinventing itself for more than 160 years. One that invests millions of pounds in training its people every year. One that helps more than 2 million people every year with social programmes.
We call it #TheSantanderEffect.
Santander are an equal opportunities employer. When we talk about diversity, we don’t just want to pay lip service. Our customers come from a wide range of backgrounds, and so do our people. It’s important to us that we create an inclusive culture where everyone counts, and we particularly welcome applications from different underrepresented groups.
For more information on our commitment to equal opportunities, please visit our diversity page here.
What to do next
If this sounds like a role you’re interested in, then please apply on the link below.
Due to high volume of applications we may need to close this role earlier than the advertised date, so recommend submitting an application as soon as possible.