Milton Keynes, United Kingdom
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING
Join our community.
At Santander we’re driven by our purpose - to help people and businesses prosper. We help our customers at the moments that matter most and champion businesses to help them to grow sustainably. That’s why we’re building a community to be a digital bank with a human touch and deliver an outstanding customer experience living our values of Simple, Personal and Fair.
As the Screening Continuous Improvement and Governance Manager, you will report directly into the Screening Product Lead and you will work alongside colleagues and teams across the Financial Crime Centre of Excellence (FC CoE) and Santander UK (Business Units, Line 2 FC, Technology and Operations
You will be part of a new wider organisational structure and you will play a key role in supporting the Name Product Lead embed the function and its development as processes and systems are refined over time.
The difference you will make.
- Managing the continuous improvement process for the Screening model and end to end process by identifying opportunities and innovative solutions to enhance the Screening model to increase effectiveness and efficiency, including ongoing review of model effectiveness
- Ownership of enhancements from design to implementation, including the provision of FC SME input to the development of the DDPs, other tech and data application design and analysis activities, IT delivery/deployment strategies and plans and relevant governance at forums e.g. DA
- Management and resolution of priority issues, breaches, waivers, audit and assurance points
- Assisting the build and implementation of financial crime governance and reporting frameworks in place across FC CoE
- Producing regular MI reports on events to senior management, feeding into key governance meetings where appropriate
- Proactively supporting the bank in meeting its business, legal, regulatory and stakeholder obligations in respect of Financial Crime Compliance, including identifying, deterring, detecting and disrupting money laundering, sanctions non-compliance, terrorist financing, bribery, corruption and tax evasion risks that arise by way of its activities
What you will bring.
- Strong screening system implementation / change experience (including screening engine and / or case management)
- An effective working knowledge of the UK’s legislative and regulatory framework for FC (Anti-Money Laundering, Sanctions and Anti-Bribery and Corruption) and how that impacts the Screening environment
It would also be nice for you to have.
- Financial Crime Compliance domain knowledge, with a particular focus on AML and Sanctions.
- Experience and knowledge of Retail Banking or Corporate Banking and associated products.
- Confident communicator, with excellent stakeholder management skills, both internally and externally.
- Effective negotiation and influencing skills.
- Strong organisational skills and experience of delivering excellent customer service.
What our people say.
Financial Crime has a devastating impact on our communities through its association to illegal drugs, human trafficking and terrorism. Criminals will always look for new ways to evade our systems and controls so we must look to constantly evolve to address new threats that’s why our mission is to Deter, Detect and Disrupt Financial Crimes, ensuring that we protect our clients, our communities, our shareholders and the firm. Financial crime is a top priority risk for our bank.
What else you need to know.
At Santander, we each take personal responsibility for managing risk by embracing the I AM Risk framework - to Identify, Assess, Manage and Report risks, and to continuously build a deeper understanding of the risks we face. It is an important part of our culture at Santander and we will provide you with knowledge to help you manage risks in your role.
#ThePlaceToBeYourself – Everyday Inclusion at Santander
We are committed to making sure all our colleagues feel they belong and are supported to succeed. Our customers come from a wide range of backgrounds, and so do our people, so we welcome applications from across society.
You can find out more about how we’re embedding an inclusive culture that encourages our people to bring their full and authentic selves to work on our Inclusion and Belonging page here.
How we’ll reward you.
As well as a competitive salary, you’ll enjoy a benefits package that you can tailor to your needs.
- Eligible for a discretionary performance-related annual bonus
- Pension with generous contributions of up to 12.5% from Santander, depending on your own contribution and length of employment with us
- 30 days’ holiday plus bank holidays, which increases to 31 days after 5yrs service, with the option to purchase up to 5 contractual days per year
- £6,000 car allowance per year
- Company funded individual private medical insurance
- Voluntary healthcare benefits at discounted rates such as private medical insurance for your family, dental insurance, healthcare cash plan and health assessments
- Benefits supporting you and your family, such as death-in-service benefit, income protection, and voluntary life assurance and critical illness cover
- Share in Santander’s success by investing in our Sharesave and Partnership shares plans
For more information about our wide range of benefits and family friendly policies visit our website.
What to do next:-
If this sounds like a role you’re interested in, then please apply.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR