The VP, Business Control & Risk Management operates within the First Line of Defense to execute the Enterprise and IT Operational Risk Framework – executing the programs and ensuring compliance with Policy, Standards, Processes and applicable Regulations. The VP will help champion the Business (IT) Control mandate acting as a critical partner guiding stakeholders to embed risk management practices in the 1st line. The VP serves as a subject matter expert by advising and guiding on enterprise wide initiative such as risk assessments, KPI reporting, documentation and remediation of issues. Evaluations require collaboration with various stakeholders while influencing parties towards strategic goals.
- Acts as a liaison with Risk and Compliance or second line of defense- to develop and implement new policy requests/revisions, to complete all line of business related risk assessments, risk mandates, continuity plans, resolution plans and execution.
- Analyzes, evaluates and provides strategic guidance and direction for IT Operational Risk programs, policies and procedures to ensure alignment with regulatory requirements and acceptable risk mitigation practices.
- Facilitate management and execution of IT risk related activities and routines as part of the following operational risk programs: Risk and Control Self-Assessment (RCSA), Issues Management, Scenario Analysis, Top Risk, Material Risk Program, Event Escalation, Loss Management, Application Inherent Risk Assessment and New Products.
- Develops, implements and monitors appropriate controls and procedures reflecting the standards set forth in the policies and Regulations while accounting for risks inherent in the products, services, types of customers, locations of customers, and functions of the Business Unit. Identifies gaps in controls, proposes solutions, and implements corrective actions.
- Drives projects to implement the necessary changes to policy, procedures and processes in order to align the Business Unit(s) to the Operational Risk practice standards.
- Effectively partners with line of business and needed business areas to solicit information and to mitigate risk.
- Provides support for regulatory examinations and audits by ensuring all requested documentation and information is provided.
- Serve as subject matter expert by advising and guiding on Operational Risk programs, such as risk assessments, KPI development, remediation of issues.
- Reports to management on developments and risks/issues identified within assigned programs.
- Regularly provides reports to Manager and Program heads on progress.
- Supports Manager and Business Unit team members in the reporting and resolution of Risk related issues.
- Bachelor's Degree; Risk Management, Information Systems/Technology, Business, Finance, Statistics, Economics or equivalent field.
- 9-12 years; Risk Management, Internal Controls, Auditing, relevant line of business experience and/or legal or regulatory experience.
- Ability to build internal and external networks of information resources within the risk management ecosystem.
- Ability to build credibility with, collaborate with, and influence line of business executives.
- Ability to constructively work both independently and in collaborative environments involving all levels of management and employees
- Ability to anticipate the impact of regulatory and other environmental factors and proactively take action to ensure the team/function/enterprise is prepared.
- Knowledge of the financial services sector, particularly with risk management, technology areas and the dynamics and products in corporate banking.
- Understanding of the regulatory environment and how the risks of the products and services the bank offers are viewed by the Second Line of Defense and regulators.
- Demonstrated experience executing risk projects across multiple business lines offering a wide variety of financial services products and services.
- Demonstrated judgement in escalation, ensuring risk-based clear line of sight for senior executives into existing and emerging issues/incidents.
- Demonstrated thought leadership and application of operational risk identification and mitigation practices and procedures.
- Excellent analytical and complex problem solving skills.
- In depth research and analysis skills for more complex and critical data, interpret and communicate industry trends.
- Superior project management skills.
Employees desiring consideration should complete an online application, utilizing the appropriate process as subscribed by the posting entity. Employees should provide all pertinent information to support their candidacy.
To be considered eligible for internal posting, Santander employees must meet all of the following eligibility requirements:
- Completion of at least one year of active service in Santander
- Completion of at least twelve months in current position
- Be in “Good Standing”
Please click here to see the full policy - http://thesource.sov.gs.corp/assets/Internal-Recruitment-Guidelines.pdf
At Santander, we value and respect differences in our workforce and strive to increase the diversity of our teams. We encourage everyone to apply.