Santander’s Commercial Banking Division is an active provider of capital, treasury management and risk management solutions to thousands of small and mid-sized companies in the northeast and across the country. We also have expertise and provide service to specific industry sectors including real estate, asset based lending, energy, education, health care and government. Our clients rely on the strength of Santander’s balance sheet and the degree to which our relationship managers understand their businesses in order to develop the most relevant and compelling solutions. In addition, Santander’s significant international presence in regions around the world uniquely positions us to help companies grow their business, both near and far.
Looking for a Sr. Associate Research Analyst to join an exciting new Business Development team working to build a completely new best-in-class service offering within the Commercial Bank. This role identifies and pursues new sales prospects within existing and untapped markets. Gathers market intelligence, generates leads, and develops proposals/campaigns to garner new business, ensuring a consistent flow of new revenues to the company. .
The Research professional will work with our Business Development Officers to provide data-driven intelligence to senior leadership and sales professionals across the firm. This role will collect and analyze industry data, financial data and competitive data to find opportunities for product and process optimization and use models to test the effectiveness of different courses of action. This role requires strong experience using a variety of data mining/data analysis methods, using a variety of data tools, building and implementing models, using/creating algorithms and creating/running simulations.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Support sales and marketing efforts in target markets, by generating and qualifying leads to be passed to sales representatives
- Research, target, and track prospects using a variety of sales tools. Strategically source new prospects using LinkedIn, provided prospects lists, etc.
- Provide research and analytics support to groups across various lines of business
- Perform analyses and prepare forecasts and recommendations in the areas of product preferences, sales coverage, market size, penetration, marketing practices and sales trends
- Access, verify and organize research trends, competitive intelligence and other data
- Collect and communicate information on market research and competition
- Research market conditions in local, regional or national area to determine potential sales of a product or service
- Participate on project teams
- Perform daily research and lead generation to target and qualify potential clients
- Create, deliver and track proposals
- Identify and escalate opportunities that have gone cold and need to be put to the forefront
- Coordinate and execute email campaigns - use verification of key criteria, and verification of meetings to make sure that meetings are quality and take place
- Align closely with partners across the firm to appropriately prioritize prospects, share best practices, leverage competitive intelligence, and evolve strategy as needed
- Work across the organization to identify opportunities for leveraging data to drive business solutions
- Mine and analyze data from various databases to drive optimization and improve product development, marketing and sales
- Use predictive models to increase and optimize product placement, customer engagement and increased revenues
At Santander, we value and respect differences in our workforce and strive to increase the diversity of our teams. We actively encourage everyone to apply.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience
- 3+ years of relevant experience in research, marketing or related field
- Excellent referral generator – tracking, assisting in building relationships, setting calls, etc.
- Metrics driven with the ability to turn, interpret and communicate complex data
- Expert with using / implementing / modifying CRM systems such as Salesforce.com and other productivity tools to manage, measure and support processes
- Passion for sales and is looking to join a dynamic and growing company
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint; as well as familiarity with database construction and analytic tools
- Experience using statistical computer languages (PHP, Python, SQL, etc.) to manipulate data and draw insights from large datasets
- Proficiency in Salesforce
- Knowledge of a variety of machine learning techniques (clustering, decision tree learning, artificial neural network, etc.) and their advantages and drawbacks
- Knowledge of statistical techniques and concepts (regression, properties of distributions, statistical test and proper usage, etc.) and experience with applications
- Strong math; analytical skills with the ability to analyze; mine data to identify key insights and trends
- High degree of intellectual curiosity persistently asking relevant/probing questions and elevating conversations with business partners to a higher level
- Ability to work independently as well as within a team.
- Attention to detail with excellent written, verbal, and problem solving skills
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- A team player who demonstrates work ethic and consistently demonstrates a high level of professionalism
- Ability to quickly learn internal and common industry applications
- Multi-tasking, and prioritizing skills
- Strong technical and analytical skills