Santander is one of the largest banks in the world, and one of the top banks in the United States based on deposits. With a principal presence in the northeast U.S., Santander’s retail division serves nearly 2 million customers and more than 140k business customers in the US.
As a Senior Relationship Banker, you will be responsible for acquiring, deepening, and retaining relationships with consumer and small business customers (with annual revenue up to $3MM). You will directly manage and grow a client portfolio of the most complex and highest value consumer and small business clients in the branch. You will deliver an exceptional customer experience through engagement of customers in the branch, over the phone, and through collaboration with business partners.
- Put the customer at the center of everything you do, deepen relationships and make connections during every interaction.
- Engage customers through proactive, outbound calling for both service and relationship deepening opportunities.
- Assess customer needs by being genuinely curious, asking questions, and identifying opportunities to help achieve their financial goals today and in the future.
- Be the expert on Santander products and services and be able to articulate the benefits that will help customers based on their need.
- Independently manage a portfolio comprised of both High Value consumer clients and Small Business customers with annual revenue up to $3MM.
- Aptitude & interest in serving business clients- reviewing financial statements and advanced knowledge of small business credit.
- Participates in joint calling with Product partners to generate and deepen relationships with business customers.
- Recommend the best needs-based solution; deliver solutions directly as well as introduce key partners (i.e. Investment, Mortgage etc.) when appropriate.
- Build trust and deliver solutions by setting expectations and meeting commitments.
- Develop relationships with new and existing customers by maintaining contact through early engagement calls and regular outreach to portfolio customers.
- Deliver an outstanding customer experience in every interaction. Ensure timely follow up and escalate for resolution when appropriate.
- Ensure compliance with all bank policies, procedures and regulatory requirements.
- Bachelor’s degree (required).
- 5-9 years of experience in a customer facing environment including a minimum of 2-3 years in Financial Services with direct experience acquiring new client relationships and developing existing client relationships.
- Strong financial acumen; general knowledge of consumer and small business products, and small business lending.
- Motivated to help people achieve financial goals.
- Passion and personal commitment to proactively help customers.
- Exceptional listening and communication skills in person and over the phone.
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment, building strong relationships with colleagues and business partners.
- Ability to use critical thinking to solve problems and provide solutions to customer issues.
- Demonstrated proficiency using the phone to engage with customers.
- Basic computer skills.