The Associate, Business Intelligence & Reporting is responsible for data and intelligence activities across an assigned data domain(s) using a risk based, standard business process approach.
- Adheres to corporate risk management objectives.
- Analyzes and documents functional processes and controls ensuring gaps and deficiencies are inventoried.
- Collaborates and coordinates with business management to ensure that business and functional informational needs are met.
- Collaborates with data owners to improve and streamline processes regarding data flow and data quality to improve data accuracy, viability and value.
- Collaborates with technical support team as BI/business lead on projects, analyzing user needs, preparing enhancement requests, supporting technical development/implementation and performing user acceptance testing.
- Consults and advises best practices for systems implementation.
- Defines data quality requirements including business rules/controls, metrics and targets.
- Develops and deploys operational dashboards and reports to create significant business impact.,Identifies inefficient business processes and drives improvements to maximize efficiency.
- Leads key data element identification with data stakeholders across assigned data domain(s) using a risk based, standard business process approach.
- Monitors internal and external environments for development of new business processes.
- Partners and collaborates with the business to maintain rules and standards to improve data accuracy and value.
- Profiles data within their assigned data domains to identify/prioritize areas with greatest data quality concerns.
- Provides additional support for users through training, documentation, system access, report writing guidance and query resolution to help them analyze, understand and utilize available BI data most effectively.
- Supports with the development of data and process improvement plans.
- Bachelor's Degree; Finance, Economics, Computer Science, Mathematics/Statistics, Management Information Systems, or other equivalent field.
- Master's Degree; Finance, Economics, Computer Science, Mathematics/Statistics, Management Information Systems, or other equivalent field.,or equivalent work experience
- 5-9 years' experience
- Ability to adapt to rapidly changing business environment.
- Ability to adjust to new developments/changing circumstances.
- Ability to communicate at all levels with clarity, poise, maturity and precision both written and verbal.
- Ability to influence others.
- Ability to interact with all levels of employees, including senior level management.
- Ability to lead and coach junior level professionals.
- Ability to leverage technology to improve and automate business tasks.
- Ability to maintain and report on confidential information in an appropriate manner.
- Ability to multi-task and adhere to deadlines.
- Advanced Knowledge of data modeling, database design development, data mining, and segmentation techniques.
- Advanced knowledge of statistical applications within Financial Services to interpret data requests and identify data analytics opportunities.
- Demonstrated data analysis, data presentation, and data development skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong attention to details and can analyze information quickly.
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills.
- Strong project management skills.
- Minimal physical effort such as sitting, standing, and walking.
At Santander, we value and respect differences in our workforce and strive to increase the diversity of our teams. We encourage everyone to apply.