The Associate, Data Science leads cross-functional analytics projects to quantify marketing ROI, drive program optimizations and influence key business decision-making. This role provides great exposure at all levels of the organization and across product lines and channels.
- Lead marketing measurement and budget optimization
- Drive cross functional analytics to enable consumer-centric decision making, identify key business drivers and uncover opportunities to unlock value from marketing investment
- Drive experimentation and support development of test and learn agendas and A/B tests
- Collaborate across functional areas of our business at every level of seniority to uncover and address opportunities for scalability and growth.
- Build strategic partnerships across Product, Marketing, Customer Experience and Network teams to socialize program learnings and provide recommendations for future market strategies
- Frame and structure complex business questions and construct storyboards to deliver impactful insights to non-technical stakeholders
- Use first and third party data to create innovative solutions and analytic deliverables in support of decision making
- Develop and maintain models and data products to support customer acquisition, cross-selling and profitability optimization efforts
- Building and improving model performance using machine learning techniques
- Maintaining customer lifetime value frameworks and profitability models
- Creating automated dashboards and KPI reporting
- Evaluate new technologies and data vendors including validating external algorithms and applying insights to commercially driven use cases
- Partner with data scientists and engineers to evangelize best practices, new methodologies and implement analytics solutions
- Master's Degree or Ph.D.; Statistics, Computer Science, Physical Sciences, Economics, or an equivalent quantitative field.
- 3-5 years’ work experience; Marketing agency or internal consulting experience preferred
- Demonstrable ability to evaluate marketing program effectiveness, quantify return on investment and identify growth and optimization opportunities
- Demonstrated experience with SQL, R or a comparable programming language (such as Python, SAS).
- Experience with Tableau or other data visualization tools
- Experience with developing A/B testing frameworks, sampling methods, and statistical analysis/hypothesis testing
- Knowledge or experience with multi-touch attribution, optimization frameworks, media mix modeling and experimental design
- Knowledge or experience with Digital analytics; AWS, Google Analytics, DV360, etc
- Knowledge of the principles of machine learning, classification models, time series regression and stochastic statistics to deliver improved business performance.
- Experience communicating complex concepts, influencing decision makers at different levels of seniority and working with cross-functional partners
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced work environment, independently manage projects and adapt to new technologies and environments.
- Individually motivated and possess sound judgment, integrity, and a solid work ethic.