The Associate, Data Science drives cross functional analytics projects from beginning to end: builds relationships with partner teams, frames and structures questions, collects and analyzes data, and summarizes key insights in support of decision making. S//he works with engineers to evangelize data best practices and implement analytics solutions.
- Collaborates across functional areas of our business at every level of seniority to uncover and address opportunities for scalability and growth.
- Drives cross functional analytics projects from beginning to end: builds relationships with partner teams, frames and structures questions, collects and analyzes data, and summarizes key insights in support of decision making.
- Evaluation and discovery of alternative data vendors including ability to quantifiably validate external algorithms and apply insights to commercially driven use cases.
- Leverages available data tools and collaborate with data scientists and engineers across the firm and adapts data initiatives to needs of business.
- Performs quantitative analysis, including alpha assessment, risk analysis, portfolio construction and return attribution to enhance investment strategies using sourced and external data.
- Translates business queries into actionable and commercial insights leveraging unstructured data and statistically robust techniques.
- Works with engineers to evangelize data best practices and implement analytics solutions.
- Bachelor's Degree; Statistics, Computer Science, Physical Sciences, Economics, or a equivalent quantitative field.
- Master's Degree or Ph.D. preferred; Statistics, Computer Science, Physical Sciences, Economics, or a equivalent quantitative field.
- 5-9 years' experience
- Ability to adapt to various programming languages and environments.
- Ability to clearly communicate complex results to technical and non-technical audiences.
- Ability to utilize analytics in a collaborative manner across business functions and product lines to derive optimum solutions.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate complex concepts.
- Demonstrated experience with SQL, R or a comparable programming language (such as Python, SAS, SPSS, or MATLAB)
- Effective time management in order to efficiently deliver concurrent projects with competing priorities.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.,Individually motivated and possess sound judgment, integrity, and a solid work ethic.
- Knowledge of the principles of machine earning, classification models, time series regression and stochastic statistics to deliver improved business performance
- Strong evidence of leveraging analytics to drive business results.
- Strong project management skills.
- Strong quantitative and problem solving skills with focus hypothesis formulation and testing.
- Minimal physical effort such as sitting, standing, and walking.
At Santander, we value and respect differences in our workforce and strive to increase the diversity of our teams. We encourage everyone to apply.