The Sr. Associate, Risk Management serves as a subject matter expertise (SME) and serves as an authority and credible challenge to management regarding credit performance, potential or emerging risks, and business conformity with risk appetite, credit culture, and policies. S/he selects and optimizes risk management processes and strategies for various initiatives, capturing and implementing recommendations from audits and other internal/compliance and external/regulatory assessment projects, and employing risk.
- Applies innovative quantitative and qualitative analytical techniques to detect problems and improve reporting/MIS capabilities.
- Delivers industry best practices, tools, guidance, and training to increase analytical capabilities and throughput.
- Demonstrates strong subject matter expertise and serves as an authority and credible challenge to management regarding credit performance, potential or emerging risks, and business conformity with risk appetite, credit culture, and policies.
- Partners with Business Lines to recommend and vet new products initiatives, origination strategies, pre-approval and pre-qualification campaigns, underwriting techniques, peer group comparisons, and process optimization.
- Provides a comprehensive range of risk management expertise requiring the creation, implementation and validation of various risk segmentation strategies using complex data.
- Provides direct support, participation, and oversight for developing, managing, and executing the credit risk strategy, which specifically includes functions such as understanding and leveraging credit-risk analytics to improve portfolio performance
- Provides oversight of FLD underwriting quality through on-going quality control testing.
- Selects and optimizes risk management processes and strategies for various initiatives, capturing and implementing recommendations from audits and other internal/compliance and external/regulatory assessment projects, and employing risk.
Bachelor's Degree; Business, Finance, Management, or equivalent field.,or equivalent work experience
9-12 years; Risk Management
Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to adapt and adjust to multiple demands and competing priorities.
- Ability to adjust to new developments/changing circumstances.
- Ability to convey a sense of urgency and drive issues/projects to closure.
- Ability to direct, train and guide peers, subordinates and management.
- Ability to effectively interact with the market, executive management and vendors.,
- Ability to handle conflict resolution with other groups to ensure appropriate accounting guidance is followed.
- Ability to independently operate in a complex, matrixed environment; adept at delivering and maintaining productive working relationships across business, functions, geographies and lines of defense
- Advanced operational risk, process, and control validation and/or assessment skills.
- Excellent analytical, organizational and project management skills.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Knowledge of workflow/processes and risks/controls, including: origination, underwriting, servicing, and collections/workout.
- Strong operational risk management principles, methodologies and tools, governance principles and activity preferably in a financial services technology environment.
- Strong project management skills.
Minimal physical effort such as sitting, standing, and walking.
- Brings out the best in each team member by consistently motivating and acknowledging peer contributionsUnderstands and leverages team dynamics
- Effectively conveys difficult or complex information in an easy to understand manner, by providing the big picture and illustrating important linkages
- Asks open-ended questions that encourage others to give their points of view
- Ensures people receive the information they require, and brings the team together to share information
- Ensures that all directs and colleagues have appropriate knowledge of risk and the regulatory environmentInvestigates and identifies the root cause and corrects items deemed non-compliant, regardless of pressures from business or management
- Fully accountable for timeliness, completeness, quality of projects, processes, products and services
- Remains calm and focused on goals while facing pressures, obstacles or short-term setbacks
- Improves relationships between key individuals to achieve seamless cross-team work flow and positively impact results
- Uses informal networks to gain support for ideas and projects,Keeps up -to-date with external market events, pressures and regulations which may impact the organization and assesses whether similar issues exist in the organization
- Can identify functional and organizational implications associated with major trends
- Designs solutions to address industry activities that impact the organization
- Monitors adherence to policies, regulations, processes and procedures within function and actively undertakes corrective action where necessary
- Understands end to end processes across the organization and how processes are integratedHas a practical knowledge of regulations impacting area supported