The Manager Data Platforms is responsible for managing Data Platform team; interacting with developers to help support and implement projects; participating in hands-planning and managing hardware/software environment, including design; and interacting with infrastructure teams.
Essential Job Functions:
- Manages the Data Platforms team and facilitates continued growth of staff members.
- Manages technical team of 2-5+ data platforms engineers.
- Responsible for creating, maintaining and delivering the data platform roadmap and continual improvement plans.
- Engage closely with the team and provide technical leadership, strategic direction, and guidance to ensure timely delivery of projects.
- Manage Licenses for various software and hardware.
- Interact with Vendors as needed.
- Interact with infrastructure teams to monitor and establish optimal data platform environment.
- Delegates project work to team members to ensure timely delivery.
- Identifies opportunities to create efficiencies in technical work streams as well as in operational procedures of team.
- Experience in managing SQLServer, Storage, Network capacities for data storage.
- Defines best practices and standards and ensures that they are applied consistently by team members.
- Helps set goals for team and team members in alignment with company goals.
- Develops technical solutions which may involve a variety of data development tools.
- Coordinates the standardization of platforms and interfacing of systems among regional computer centers while maintaining responsibility for the implementation and maintenance of data platforms which facilitate the support of department success.
- Identifies potential issues and trends and takes corrective action.
- Mentors & develops junior staff members in all relevant areas.
- Recommends or initiates personnel actions such as promotions, transfers, discharges, disciplinary measures; trains new and current employees.
- Trains, supervises, assigns projects to and evaluates staff to maintain optimum performance of job duties.
- Facilitates working environment with off-shore resources.
- Performs other duties and special projects as assigned.
- May assist in other related departments as required by business needs.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, mathematics, or natural sciences preferred.
- Minimum 8 years development & administration experience with Informatica suite, SQL Server or other relational databases.
- Additional experience or exposure with SSRS, SAS, Tableau administration, and storage & network management is optional.
- Nice to have skills in managing big data & other market leading technologies.
- Able to provide leadership to technical staff of 5-10+ developers.
- Minimum 2 year experience leading a team of 5-10+ development staff.
- Outstanding analytical and problem solving skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Able to lead multiple complex projects and communicate clearly with leaders and team members.
- Must coordinate projects with Project Management.
- Effective bridge builder among business and IT teams.
- High capacity for learning.
- Ability to work well with people from many different disciplines with varying degrees of technical experience.
- Ability to handle fast-paced environment.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Extended working hours may be required by management and business needs.
- Travel to multiple facilities may be required.
- May be required to lift, push, or pull materials weighing up to twenty (20) pounds.
- May be required to sit and review information on a computer screen for long periods of time.
- May require repetitive motions of the hands and wrist related to writing and typing at an electronic keyboard.
- Corporate / satellite office role.
At Santander, we value and respect differences in our workforce and strive to increase the diversity of our teams. We actively encourage everyone to apply.
Employees desiring consideration should complete an online application, utilizing the appropriate process as subscribed by the posting entity. Employees should provide all pertinent information to support their candidacy.
To be considered eligible for internal posting, Santander employees must meet all of the following eligibility requirements:
- Completion of at least one year of active service in Santander
- Completion of at least twelve months in current position
- Be in "Good Standing"
Please click here to see the full policy - http://thesource.sov.gs.corp/assets/Internal-Recruitment-Guidelines.pdf
This job description does not list all the duties of the job. You may be asked by your supervisors or managers to perform other duties. You will be evaluated in part based upon your performance of the tasks listed in this job description. The employer has the right to revise this job description at any time. This job description is not a contract for employment, and either you or the employer may terminate employment at any time, for any reason.