The Sr. Workday US Payroll & Time Tracking Consultant enables the HR team and HR business partners to make informed business decisions by providing timely, pertinent HR analytics/reporting and technology solutions supporting areas to include US Payroll and Time Tracking. S/he provides expert consulting, HR Technology program and policy design, and identification of best practices of the HR Technology function. Proactively identifies opportunities for system enhancements and engages and consults with functional owners providing detailed system-based options for resolving complex business process issues.
For this position requires a minimum of 4 years or more of experience in Workday US Payroll & Time Tracking modules. Workday HCM, US Payroll or Time Tracking Certifications is highly desirable. The ideal candidate is an experienced Workday specialist with in-depth development knowledge of Workday US Payroll & Time Tracking. The candidate should be able to provide hands on support in areas like Security, Report Writing, Calculated Fields and EIBs.
This consultant would become part of one of the largest Workday implementations in Europe, US, and World. Having the change to work with people on many different countries and grow as expert in the solution.
He/she will become Technology professional reference and lead highly complex technology projects. Working in a collaborative way, will design, develop, and deliver innovative technology solutions that drive high performance.
Key Roles and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for supporting Workday US Payroll & Time Tracking modules.
- Act as subject matter expert and pro-actively consult the HR business.
- Lead Workday HR Operations and standardize and continuously improve the Global HR processes.
- Manage changes and small projects from start to finish.
- Identify business needs by working with local and global teams, doing analysis, impact assessments and solution design.
- Work with Workday Country Leads, Country Process Owners and Workday Local HUBs to highlight customer HCM processes, trends and identify areas for enhanced functionality.
- Documents functional business requirements, troubleshoots application problems and promotes proactive approaches for using HRIS capabilities to provide functionality to meet business needs and improve HR operations.
- Analyzes business requirements and develops or modifies programs to ensure the effective storage, retrieval and reporting of employee data.
- Provide hands-on functional design and configuration (design, build, configure and test the Workday solution).
- Provides front-line support, troubleshooting, and training to end users on features and functionality of Santander's HRIS system
- Plans and tests products/system enhancements, troubleshooting production issues, and retesting fixes
- Documents standard operating procedures to ensure consistency and implements process improvements
- Recommend on best practices and solutions based on the latest Workday features.
- Resolve incidents raised by key users in a timely manner.
- Manage a queue of Workday cases, prioritizing issues based on severity and customer impact.
- Fosters and maintains positive relationships with internal positions that interact with the position and external customers.
- Must work well under pressure, be sensitive to deadlines, be able to interact in a team environment, be able to adapt quickly to change, deep attention to details and possess excellent analytical, problem solving and customer service skills.
At Santander, we value and respect differences in our workforce and strive to increase the diversity of our teams. We actively encourage everyone to apply.
- Bachelor's Degree in HR, information technology, or related field or equivalent work experience
- 9-12 years of experience maintaining human capital management, time tracking and payroll systems. Strongly preferred minimum of 4 years’ experience with Workday US Payroll
- Previous Experience with other HRIS Systems like People Soft, SAP, Success Factors, Oracle HCM
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, Access, and PowerPoint
- Fully Bilingual (English/Spanish) preferred Portuguese is a desirable
- Experience managing multiple projects, preferably using Cloud based technologies
- Excellent project management skills with the ability to complete goals efficiently and in a timely manner.
- Analytical problem solving with tools (ex. Excel) and critical thinking skills
- Can handle sensitive information with highest degree of integrity
- Position requires poise, tact, and diplomacy. Ability to interact and communicate with all organization levels globally,
- Detail-oriented with strong organizational skills
- Ability to prioritize tasks and handle numerous assignments simultaneously and in a high-pressure, fast-paced environment.
- Solid decision-making skills and ability to perform multiple tasks while maintaining a high level of efficiency and quality
- Inquisitive with the ability to problem solve and adapt quickly to changing circumstances
- Strong verbal communication, writing and interpersonal skills along with the ability to form strong cross-functional relationships
- Team player who actively takes initiative with a strong work ethic