As a member of Santander’s retail banking division, you’ll help serve Santander’s retail and small business customers as part of one of the top banks in the United States based on deposits. With its principal presence in the northeast U.S., Santander’s retail division offers consumer and lending products to help our customers reach their financial goals. Santander currently serves nearly 2 million retail customers and 5.2% of the 2.7 million small businesses in the US footprint have a transactional account with Santander Bank.
POSITION SUMMARY –
The Credit Card Portfolio Product Manager (Associate, Product Management) leads and executes complex product initiatives and delivers high-quality products on time and within the budget that meets defined goals for the product. S/he leads multi-functional teams to ensure product requirements are completed and technical requirements can be created. The incumbent owns the product launch and full lifecycle management, including the identification and initial diligence into business or technology partnerships, gathering and prioritizing product and customer requirements, understanding the competitive marketplace and trends, developing a business case and pricing, and working closely with engineering, sales, marketing and support to ensure revenue and customer satisfaction goals are met.
RESPONSIBILITY STATEMENTS –
- Will act as First Line of Defense responsible for partnering with BCO, Legal, and Compliance Teas to ensure strong internal controls capabilities and remediation.
- Works to identify, assess, and action various risks throughout the credit card lifecycle with different partners.
- Partners with Internal Audit, Compliance, and / or Operations Management to share information and escalate issues as needed.
- Supports training and develops policies and procedures concerning product features, functionalities, controls, and risk management.
- Acts as a subject matter expert (SME) in terms of industry focus, market trends, etc.
- Builds a product roadmap aligning solutions to services with SLAs, OLAs, costs, and budget models.
- Creates a roadmap that drives growth and profitability based on client needs.
- Creates compelling demos for internal and external use.
- Focuses on existing products /enhancements.
- Builds critical partnerships with key business lines (Sales, Client Services, IT, Risk, RMs).
- Responsible for all components of client readiness, and colleague readiness (pre-launch activities which require participation from multiple stakeholders - Sales, Implementation, Client Services, Business Services, Marketing, etc.)
- Supports Sales on key relationships as well as new opportunities.
EDUCATION - Bachelor's Degree; In Business, Finance, or equivalent discipline., or equivalent work experience.
WORK EXPERIENCE – 5-9 years; Related work experience.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES –
- Ability to communicate effectively to internal teams, key partners, and executive management.
- Demonstrated understanding of product development life cycle.
- Demonstrates the ability to create strategic plans and layout a strategic course of action to drive future business growth for a specific product.
- Demonstrates the ability to translate client needs into marketable product features.
- Demonstrates the ability to translate customer needs into marketable product features.
- Self-starter: forward-thinking, with a positive/can-do attitude.
- Solid understanding of the impact of regulatory changes on the products.
- Strong analytical skills/financial acumen.
- Strong background in Home Equity and/or Mortgage products and services.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS - Minimal physical effort such as sitting, standing, and walking.
- Adapts quickly to change and makes suggestions for increasing the effectiveness of change.
- Appropriately shifts attention and refocuses on new goals because of changes in priorities or competing for work demands.
- Addresses the requests of customers, ensures concerns are recorded accurately and action is initiated appropriately.
- Makes extra effort to satisfy customers’ needs and meet commitments.
- Builds and maintains one’s network of contacts and resources and knows who to involve in problem resolution.
- Creates a good working environment in the team; works towards shared goals contributing ideas and accepting change.
- Aids and coaches less experienced team members.
- Executes risk management process and procedures without management direction and demonstrates awareness of expected results.
- Knows the relationship and impact of actions and results.
- Understands regulations impacting supported areas.
- Follows through to meet commitments to others.
- Takes responsibility for achieving strong results, despite balancing multiple complex demands.
- Probes in-depth to understand the business needs of the customers.
- Explores and understands the customer's alternatives and decision criteria.
- Understands the relevant products and services and the markets in which they are sold and their risk-return to the organization.
- Can identify and speak to major operational issues across the organization.
At Santander, we value and respect differences in our workforce and strive to increase the diversity of our teams. We actively encourage everyone to apply.