Why apply for this role?
In this specialist role you will support on the design, development, and implementation of executive/regulated remuneration policy.
You’ll work closely with the Senior Manager on the remuneration governance cycle, including collating and drafting papers for Remuneration Committee (RemCo).
Your relationship skills will be key in this role as you’ll have regular liaison with the Company Secretary and NED board, and other senior stakeholders.
What you’ll be doing
- Supporting the development of executive/regulated remuneration policy and strategy and act as a thought leader regarding best practice
- Supporting the Senior Manager to critically monitor and review current policies and practices and to proactively recommend new and innovative solutions which fit business requirement
- Collating and drafting of papers for our Board RemCo and Policy and Remuneration Forum
- Supporting the planning and delivery of the annual Report and Accounts process and associated queries
- Supporting on the Material Risk Taker (MRT) identification and attestation process
What we’re looking for
- A good knowledge of reward practices including executive reward specialisms, preferably within Financial Services
- A strong understanding of the regulatory landscape within Financial Services.
- Experience of dealing with board level committees, e.g. risk committee or responsible banking committee, or RemCo
- Strong numerical/analytical skills, able to provide meaningful interpretations to HR colleagues or stakeholders
- Strong stakeholder management at all senior levels; able to manage multiple stakeholders across projects business wide
What else you need to know
This role is a 12 month fixed term contract opportunity.
Given the recent impact of the Coronavirus outbreak we will be conducting all interviews via telephone or video-conference where possible.
How we’ll reward you
As well as a competitive salary, you’ll enjoy a benefits package that you can tailor to your needs.
- Eligible for a discretionary performance-related annual bonus
- Pension with generous contributions of up to 12.5% from Santander, depending on your own contribution and length of employment with us
- 30 days holiday plus bank holidays, with the option to purchase up to 5 contractual days per year
- �6,000 car allowance per year
- Company funded individual private medical insurance
- Voluntary healthcare benefits at discounted rates such as private medical insurance for your family, dental insurance, healthcare cash plan and health assessments
- Benefits supporting you and your family, such as death-in-service benefit, income protection, and voluntary life assurance and critical illness cover
- Share in Santander’s success by investing in our Sharesave and Partnership shares plans
For more information about our wide range of benefits and family friendly policies visit our website.
At Santander, with only a small action or a simple idea, you can achieve great things. You can improve the daily life of more than 140 million people. You can collaborate with a friendly team of more than 200,000 employees.
It doesn’t stop there. You’ll also be part of a vibrant organisation that’s been reinventing itself for more than 160 years. One that invests millions of pounds in training its people every year. One that helps more than 2 million people every year with social programmes.
We call it #TheSantanderEffect.
Santander are an equal opportunities employer. When we talk about diversity, we don’t just want to pay lip service. Our customers come from a wide range of backgrounds, and so do our people. It’s important to us that we create an inclusive culture where everyone counts, and we particularly welcome applications from different underrepresented groups.
For more information on our commitment to equal opportunities, please visit our diversity page here.
What to do next
If this sounds like a role you’re interested in, then please apply on the link below.
Due to high volume of applications we may need to close this role earlier than the advertised date, so recommend submitting an application as soon as possible.