At Santander, you can be part of one of the largest transformations the World is experiencing in the past several decades. The emergence of disruptive platforms as a business model has reshaped other industries and is poised to do the same in financial services. To do so, we are transforming our Technology function, with 500+ new hires planned for this 2020.
We are looking for professionals like you, with the skills and competencies required for the development of digital solutions for the creation, implementation and evolution of the new Global Platforms required for Santander Group all over the world
And on top of a meaningful job, we care about you. At Santander, this means creating a workplace that respects your individuality and supports you to enjoy life outside work. You will enjoy flexible working conditions, a global well-being program, BeHealthy, and will be entitled to spend a certain number of hours each month volunteering.
As a Data Modelling Specialist your mission will be to design and support the implementation of the data architecture to achieve business objectives, facing different challenges. This will cover the different areas of a data architecture, from the most technical aspects to data modelling, including a key aspect as data governance.
We need somebody like you to help us in different fronts:
- Define and collaborate in the development of data architectures, both in public cloud and on-premises.
- Support projects in their development.
- Develop proof of concepts to determine the best tools and technologies to use.
- Prepare the appropriate technical designs for each use case in order to translate the reference architecture to the reality of each project (local or common).
- Ensure compliance with reference standards and appropriate feedback on them.
EXPERIENCE & EDUCATION
- 3+ years’ experience as a Data Architect
- Be used to the Agile ways of working
SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE
- Advanced knowledge of modelling SQL and Non SQL data bases which allows for both use cases, operational and informational, to transfer the banking business requirements to a data model
- Capacity to identify, depending on the project requirements, when it is necessary to select one database paradigm or another (relational, document, graph, key-value, etc.)
- Advanced knowledge of Common Data Company Data Model and its associated views (Client 360º, Product 360º, Bank 360º)
- Long term experience financial services modelling with focus on retail business
- Business and analytical intelligence (data preparation, columnar database and visualization)
- Data sharing by contracts (APIs), virtualization, ETL, files, bus...
- Advance knowledge of NoSQL Modelling: Mongo, Cassandra, Neo4j,
- Experience with modelling tools (Erwin, Hackolade,...) and virtualization tools (Denodo, Dremio,..)
- Capacity to generate documentation with data architectures and expose them in public
- Flexiworking: we have more than 10 flexibility measures to facilitate the balance between professional and personal life, such as flexible entry/exit time or telecommuting.
- Daily lunch grant: you can have your meal at the restaurants of Santander Group City or use the take out option.
- You will be part of “Familia Santander”: with special financing conditions in mortgages and other financial products.
- Access to “Santander Contigo” program: to help you and your family when you need it giving support on different issues such as legal and emotional advice or management, up to a 24-hour personal assistant.
- Flexible Benefits Plan: you can advantageously obtain different benefits such as health insurance, kindergarten, training courses/masters or the Public Transport Card of Madrid.
- Prime office space, with on premise gym, hairdresser, convenience store and many other amenities.
- Multiple discounts for e-commerce, trips or restaurants with Santander Benefits platform.
- Life insurance
- Parking, which includes places for bicycles and electric cars.
- Equality Plan
- And more important: a team proud of diversity and concerned about sustainability.
We are the Technology and Operations team for Santander Group. We are convinced of the importance of technology that is aligned with the requirements of the business and that our work not only brings value to users, people and communities but also fosters individual creativity. Our team of over 2,000 people in 7 countries (Spain, Portugal, UK, USA, Mexico, Chile and Brazil) develops and/or implements financial solutions across a broad spectrum of technologies (including Blockchain, Big Data and Angular among others) on all kinds of onpremise and cloud-based platforms
At Santander you will enjoy #TheSantanderEffect. Here, with only a small action or a simple idea, you can do great things. We offer you the advantages and the means to contribute to the progress of more than 140 million people around the world. These are the key factors that multiply the actions of all our employees:
- Meaningful Impact - Where the effect of your work makes a difference and helps people to prosper
- Personal and Professional Growth - The chance to develop through world-class training, challenging work, and different roles
- Respect - Be part of an organization that cares – about its people, its wider community, and the environment
- Co-worker quality - Work with inspiring professionals who are leaders in their field
If you want to know more about us, follow us on https://es.linkedin.com/company/banco-santander