Engineer Apps Server – Architecture (Openbank)
Mission and responsibilities:
Application Server Engineers design, develop, support and operate the Application Server infrastructures. They integrate business applications with operating systems in a standardized way and whatever the hardware platform (Linux, Unix, Windows) while enforcing security, availability, operability, manageability, reliability, scalability and portability requirements.
- Mix hands-on technical ability combined with good communication skills and a strong interest in automation technology and standards.
- Design, implement application server in several technologies.
- Build automated deployments of applications and system configurations
- Design, implement and test agreed-upon infrastructures.
- Provide direct server support during various operations such as deployment and general production
- Collaborate with development, QA, release engineering, operations, site support, and infrastructure teams to maintain high-quality deployment artifacts as they move through the entire deployment pipeline.
- Drive, design, implement, and maintain deployment automation from code check-in to production.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or other related field.
- Typically has minimum 5 years of analysis / programming experience.
-Experience working on Cloud environments: Cloud IaaS/PaaS, CaaS/FaaS/Serverless (Amazon Web Services (AWS), Openshift, etc.).
-Working knowledge about databases, application servers and operating systems (cloud environment AWS), HTML5, Java Script framework and J2EE technologies, including experience with Relation SQL and NoSQL databases,
-Hands-on experience working under agile methodologies and DevOps environments.
-Ability to quickly troubleshoot problems that may arise in work products. Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
-Ability to partner with internal or external software engineers and quality analysts to identify course of resolutions. Good communication skills.
-Ability to adapt quickly to new technologies and changing business requirements.
-Be an Amazon Web Service Expert and use AWS resources like EC2 instances and EBS storage. An AWS Certification would be a plus, but not required.
-Automated data analysis and other routine processes with scripts.