Mission and responsibilities:
Program Managers are responsible for establishing and leading enterprise-wide, cross-functional strategic initiatives. PMs lead a variety of different types of projects including launching new products and services in a given geography, large-scale application development and systems integration, operational efficiency improvements and processes reengineering. Program Managers at Openbank are hands-on-driven and own the success of the programs they manage. The play a key role in Openbank's overall success.
- Single accountable party for defining, planning and orchestrating a given program including technology and operations deliverables. Develops the program charter, integrated project plan, and related project management artifacts
- Ensures end-results are of the highest caliber with a clearly articulated scope and quantifiable business benefit. Rigorously manages scope to ensure commitments are achieved within agreed on time, cost, and quality parameters
- Defines and tracks project milestones while developing, maintaining, and reporting on an overall integrated delivery plan
- Works with its partners from all Openbank areas and the different Technology & Operations Domains to oversee all software delivery lifecycle phases of a program
- Publishes periodic project status reports
- Proposes recommendations and adjustments
- Serves as a subject matter expert in routinely briefing key stakeholders on different aspects of assigned initiatives. Represents the program in various project governance and inter-department forums
- Chairs weekly Core Team and monthly Operating Committee meetings to review progress with key constituents
- Develops communication plans and interfaces to execute on responsibilities
What are we looking for in this position?
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Computer Science, Engineering or Business Administration is preferred, but not key on such fields if credited experience in program management.
- Plus ten years of relevant experience in IT and/or banking
- Demonstrated, applied experience establishing and delivering complex projects, particularly large transformation programs in banking. Sound digital banking business and technical acumen knowledge
- Experience in relevant digital banking programs is highly valuable
- Proven ability to quickly earn the trust of sponsors and key stakeholders; mobilize and motivate teams; set direction and approach; resolve conflict; deliver tough messages with grace; execute with limited information and ambiguity
- Ability to navigate a highly matrixed organization effectively. Experience with stakeholder management. Focused and versatile team player that is comfortable under pressure
- Ability to remove barriers and enable teams to complete their objectives
- Solid influencing skills. Ability to communicate at all levels with clarity and precision both written and verbally. Strong presentation skills
- Extensive knowledge and expertise in the use of project management and software delivery lifecycle methodologies and tools. Feels comfortable working under Agile paradigms and methodologies
- Proven on-the-ground experience managing international expansion programs in banks is highly valuable, particularly leveraging EU's License Passporting directive, which allows any bank licensed under a member of the EU offer its services to EU nationals on their origin country, subject to comply with certain rules and policies