Tool architects at Openbank are committed to bring Openbank's automated software testing environment to the next level and are responsible for our test infrastructure and strategy. They establish best practices for automation and training of Developers and Quality Managers. They manage the definition, implementation, monitoring and improvement of the test automation architecture and the selection, configuration and deployment of automated testing tools, frameworks, coding standards and strategies for automated testing throughout the DevOps Cycle.
- Peer with Test Managers to define the test automation strategy as part of the overall strategy, and define the architecture of the test cases for the purpose of re-use.
- Define the target state of the test environment and infrastructure. Define the requirements towards DevOps, monitoring the performance of the test environments and define potential corrective action together with DevOps
- Define Automated Test quality metrics, and implement tools and methodology for monitoring and reporting.
- Define, implement and monitor adherence to Automated Test quality standards.
- Instruct technical specialists for the implementation, and maintenance of the testing framework and environment.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or other related field.
- Typically has 5+ years of demonstrable relevant IT work experience, including experience in automated testing, especially in API integrations.
- Sound knowledge on systems architecture models and paradigms. Ability to adapt quickly to new technologies and changing business requirements.
- Expert knowledge of automation tools, languages and frameworks.
- Experience with the definition and maintenance of Automated Testing strategies.
- Hands-on experience working under agile methodologies and DevOps environments, providing advice and guidance to agile squad teams on technical specifications and architectural debt. Proficient working with DevOps toolchains and CI/CD software delivery models.
- Ability to partner with internal or external software engineers and quality analysts to identify course of resolutions.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills. Good communication skills.
- Proven track record as tester within API-driven integrations.
- Proficient implementing frontend integrations with backend services via RESTful web service APIs experiences/components.
- Experience of Integration patterns and associated best practices (e.g. Web Services, REST, Pub/Sub, MOM).
- Experience designing APIs that are fully scalable and delivering on a cloud platform, AWS primarily.