Why apply for this role?
As our team is expanding, we’re now seeking a Senior Operational Risk Assurance ITDR & BCM to join us. You’ll have a critical role – focusing your energies on protecting Santander’s capital and reducing the volatility of profits. You’ll define, direct and embed effective operational risk and resilience management policies and practices across all levels.
If you’re someone who’s performed a similar role already, this is a brilliant opportunity to develop your career.
What you’ll be doing
- Providing oversight of Third Party ITDR and Business Continuity
- Developing and maintaining an Operational Risk & Resilience (ORR) Assurance Framework
- Co-ordinating and managing implementation of Resiliency, Business Continuity, and Crisis Management risk tools / methods in relation to Santander’s third parties
- Actively managing relationships with the Third-Party Risk Management Team, internal partners, key stakeholders and key external bodies
- Implementing and maintaining processes to maintain assurance of compliance
- Providing regular Operational Risk and Resilience assurance updates to the Banks Executive Risk Committee (ERCC) and to Board Risk Committee (BRC)
What we’re looking for
- Deep Knowledge of Operational Risk, Operational Resiliency and Crisis Management principles, methods and practices
- Experience in developing and implementing Frameworks, Policies, Procedures, Guidelines
- Experience in conducting third party due diligence reviews and/or coordinating SMEs to bring specialist knowledge to third party risk management
- Experience of managing and providing leadership to multiple geographically dispersed specialist teams, including third parties who may be based across a wide range of locations
- Expert understanding of the related industry benchmarks, legislation and regulatory environment
What else you need to know
Given the recent impact of the Coronavirus outbreak we will be conducting all interviews via telephone or video-conference where possible.
This role can be based in either London or Milton Keynes
How we’ll reward you
As well as a competitive salary, you’ll enjoy a benefits package that you can tailor to your needs.
- Eligible for a discretionary performance-related annual bonus
- Pension with generous contributions of up to 12.5% from Santander, depending on your own contribution and length of employment with us
- 30 days holiday plus bank holidays, with the option to purchase up to 5 contractual days per year
- �6,000 car allowance per year
- Company funded individual private medical insurance
- Voluntary healthcare benefits at discounted rates such as private medical insurance for your family, dental insurance, healthcare cash plan and health assessments
- Benefits supporting you and your family, such as death-in-service benefit, income protection, and voluntary life assurance and critical illness cover
- Share in Santander’s success by investing in our Sharesave and Partnership shares plans
For more information about our wide range of benefits and family friendly policies visit our website.
At Santander, with only a small action or a simple idea, you can achieve great things. You can improve the daily life of more than 140 million people. You can collaborate with a friendly team of more than 200,000 employees.
It doesn’t stop there. You’ll also be part of a vibrant organisation that’s been reinventing itself for more than 160 years. One that invests millions of pounds in training its people every year. One that helps more than 2 million people every year with social programmes.
We call it #TheSantanderEffect.
Santander are an equal opportunities employer. When we talk about diversity, we don’t just want to pay lip service. Our customers come from a wide range of backgrounds, and so do our people. It’s important to us that we create an inclusive culture where everyone counts, and we particularly welcome applications from different underrepresented groups.
For more information on our commitment to equal opportunities, please visit our diversity page here.
What to do next
If this sounds like a role you’re interested in, then please apply on the link below.
Due to high volume of applications we may need to close this role earlier than the advertised date, so recommend submitting an application as soon as possible.